US Open To Allow LIV Players To Play

I didn't expect any other decision to be made honestly. However, that all could change going forward depending on how the OWGR works out going forward right? I think what Whan said today makes it work for now and allows for some further discussions.

It would not be a smart move if the US Open or The Open (or any major) denied players. The majors are all about having the absolute best players in the world that qualify for the event. That is why they are the majors. Limiting the field is not fielding the best players in the world.

Where are these leaks coming from? I'm not saying it's not true as this is now the second outlet for this news. Wonder if over the next couple weeks there end up being 10-12 really big names on the LIV Tour
Yeah I’m kind of wondering if there are some bigger name folks who may be on the cusp but are waiting to see how the first event or two pan out before making a final decision.

No. If surprise, I am guessing that’s the 4 majors will let the PGA do the legal battles. Not worth the 3 tra legal defence… won’t be cheap.

Reed joining as well.

I always laugh at articles that are nothing more than "according to another article".
I understand the need for SEO and clicks, but at least write something.

Whether it is the U.S. Open or The Open, I don't know how you can call a tournament you put on an "Open" if you ban certain golfers because they are playing on a certain tour or in a certain event.

I don't understand what incentive the Majors have to keep the LIV players out who are already qualified.

This kind of garbage is exactly why the Players will not ever really be a major.

How does this play into the Ryder Cup? Because say what you want about 'em (DJ, Bryson and Phil, among others) they are damn talented golfers and you could argue integral players on future RC teams.

How does this play into the Ryder Cup? Because say what you want about 'em (DJ, Bryson and Phil, among others) they are damn talented golfers and you could argue integral players on future RC teams.
Hopefully not at all. If Phil is an integral player on future RC teams, we’re screwed.

Hopefully not at all. If Phil is an integral player on future RC teams, we’re screwed.

Regarding Phil, I was more so regarding his role as captain. But was just naming players in general. Patrick Reed (again, I know how most feel about him, but I'm talking about his game in this application) and so on. What about when other top American players go to LIV?

No one like Patrick Reed anyway so he might as well go. He won't ever get selected for ryder cup either

I’d agree with Phil as a captain or co-captain. Not sure I’d include him as a player. DJ and Bryson I felt were more role players. Calm and steady on one hand and to the moon or bust in the other. Fun to watch but not sure I’d use integral. Bryson was the only real exciter for me in this group of 3.

The US needs more excitable players that can play at a high level. Right now it’s JT and … JT. There’s a lot of talent just not much excitement for me. Scheffler and Cantlay kind of represent the US RC team to me. Great players but like watching paint dry.

Back