USA Men's Soccer National Team

Just end the match. This nonsense is exactly what the fans doing this want at this point.

The classic inner turmoil of liking a trophy lift but really wanting the coach fired.

You there?
No watching from home but I’ve been to enough games to know when the chant comes out things arent going well for Mexico

Disgraceful by the Mexican fans. I don’t understand how they don’t face punishment. Its every game.

For the El Tri fans, this is now 7 winless in a row. Is it a talent gap or coaching gap?

For the El Tri fans, this is now 7 winless in a row. Is it a talent gap or coaching gap?
I think Mexico needs to realize that teams have caught up and are not going to lie down bc it’s “Mexico”. They have the players and coaches. I would argue that Gimenez not playing meaningful minutes was the difference. If he was in from the beginning this is a different game imo.

This one is going to hurt. I am not sure we have someone who can step in and play on his level for the position he holds.

This one is going to hurt. I am not sure we have someone who can step in and play on his level for the position he holds.

Not good

We don't have anyone...this sucks

We don't have anyone...this sucks
That's not true. We have Shaq Moore, Joe Scalley, and Reggie Cannon. All can fill Dest's role, and both Moore and Scalley have a better defensive work rate, which Dest sometimes ignores when he pushes too far up the pitch. We also have plenty of time for Dest to heal. Copa isn't that big of a comp, and we don't have to worry about qualifying.

That's not true. We have Shaq Moore, Joe Scalley, and Reggie Cannon. All can fill Dest's role, and both Moore and Scalley have a better defensive work rate, which Dest sometimes ignores when he pushes too far up the pitch. We also have plenty of time for Dest to heal. Copa isn't that big of a comp, and we don't have to worry about qualifying.
I'd love to be proven wrong...Acting like Copa isn't a big deal for the squad (and Greggggggg) though is an interesting take

Of those you listed maybe Moore can give us what Dest does. Dest handles his defensive capabilities better than average, but his offensive bursts/potential is what makes him a class above the players you mentioned. Given how Berhalter wants to run the attack we need someone on both flanks/wings to move the ball the way Dest does.

I'd love to be proven wrong...Acting like Copa isn't a big deal for the squad (and Greggggggg) though is an interesting take
Copa is absolutely important. We can continue to hang our hats with the Gold Cup and beating up on Mexico. Copa brings in some elite teams that if we can hang and maybe steal a few changes the overall perspective of this team, Gregg leadership and goes a long way to build up some much needed confidence/trust with the path they are on.

I don't mean Copa shouldn't be a big deal. But since Greggggggg is untouchable, what weight does it really hold? We aren't going to come close to winning it with Gregg's style of play and we are never winning the WC with him at the helm for that matter, so as long as he's still in charge, the ins and outs of the squad don't matter much to me.

Of those you listed maybe Moore can give us what Dest does. Dest handles his defensive capabilities better than average, but his offensive bursts/potential is what makes him a class above the players you mentioned. Given how Berhalter wants to run the attack we need someone on both flanks/wings to move the ball the way Dest does.
Miles can give us an offensive wing threat from the other side. Our CBs aren't good enough to handle both wings pressing the whole game anyways.

not good

Not denying that and with the challenges our CB's present at times, the more the ball is away from our defensive 3rd the better we are and Dest did that a lot. He keeps them as clean as he can with his offensive movements.
Miles can give us an offensive wing threat from the other side. Our CBs aren't good enough to handle both wings pressing the whole game anyways.

Back