I am a member mostly because it "feels" like the right thing to do.

But the bag tag is cool, and the notepad is nice (I thought I was the only one dorky enough to get jazzed about the notepad), but the hat is cheap. Although I don't wear them, I do keep them because they have each year's U.S. Open site on it. I love hats and I collect them but, honestly, if they aren't good hats, I'd rather have something like a towel, clip on ballmark, or ball w/ the same U.S. Open graphic.

yes, the hats are horribly cheap... its a shame. This is the first year since I started playing (6th year) that I didn't join, mainly for that reason. Just another item that is useless and finds its way into my closet and ultimately the trash.

you are right... you have no idea where the money goes but I am sure it is spread out throughout their entire organization. Player hospitatlity, everything involved with the US Open, media, print and television spots

it could be endless
Geeze guys, the hat isnt THAT bad. :confused2:

Well we got our package today. And while the caps are not the best I have ever seen, I have definitely got worse caps for ten bucks. The bag tag is OK and now we both have a Rules of Golf book for our bag. Jacqui asked me, "Does this mean I can't cheat any more?" So she is not too happy with the rule book! LOL. Overall, not a bad way to spend the money.

I thought this years Bethpage Black hat was just fine, last years looked real cheap but like others have posted I don't wear them anyways. For $10 it's a hell of a bargain, I spend a hell of a lot more than that on appetizers at TGI Fridays.

I actually have the bag tag in use, although I don't use the chintzy strap they give you. And rule book????? You mean we are supposed to play with rules??????:confused2:

Back