UST Mamiya All In Putter Shaft

My last round I rolled it really well. I putted super well and hit most of my lines and even with the right speeds. Greens were slower here in Ohio but I was able to make 2 birdie putts and a couple of nice runs at the holes on others. If I can get on the green in regulation I like the chances this shaft gives me. I’ve never had a putter feel this balanced before.

Yeah the greens here aren't Victoria National. LOL. Almost think I like faster greens with this combo than the slower stuff I normally play. But that said I have no doubt it's going to be a good combo as the greens get better and the weather gets nicer. I didn't three putt at all last night, anything within 4 or 5 feet I was making. It was just the first time I took a step back on my lag putting with it.
That’s awesome dude! I love faster greens, just smooth stroke and let it do its thing!

After being in a monogamous putter relationship for 6 months or so. All the ongoing chatter in here is going to make me give the cobra with the all-in another shot. :unsure:

After being in a monogamous putter relationship for 6 months or so. All the ongoing chatter in here is going to make me give the cobra with the all-in another shot. :unsure:
Which Cobra putter do you have it paired with or would you pair it with? Only ask because I was sort of eyeing one in Golf Galaxy the other day. :censored:

Which Cobra putter do you have it paired with or would you pair it with? Only ask because I was sort of eyeing one in Golf Galaxy the other day. :censored:
It is in a Vintage Sport-20

I have half a mind to swap it in my current Cleveland HB Soft Milled 1 for a more direct comparison

It is in a Vintage Sport-20

I have half a mind to swap it in my current Cleveland HB Soft Milled 1 for a more direct comparison
I like the looks of the Vintage Sport. I was hitting the Widesport at GG. The Cleveland could be a good combo too. So many possibilities... :ROFLMAO:

I'm really thinking the same thing for my Nova 40

I'm really thinking the same thing for my Nova 40
I played the Nova 40 last year and I could see that being a solid pairing. I'm kicking myself for not getting the All-In shaft for it last year. I felt like the Sik face needed center strikes to get the best roll and on the right line. The All-In would have made that a lot easier I think. You may not have that problem, but I struggled with distance control and hitting my lines at times. The All-In probably would have helped my game a lot. And now I'm really kicking myself. lol

On my mat, I never leave any short... and I have a mat with variable stimp speed simulation. On the course - I very consistently hit my line perfectly, but leave the putt 10" or less short. The plan is to add more putting practice when I get range time, so I can compensate for the actual turf slowing down the ball a bit.

On my mat, I never leave any short... and I have a mat with variable stimp speed simulation. On the course - I very consistently hit my line perfectly, but leave the putt 10" or less short. The plan is to add more putting practice when I get range time, so I can compensate for the actual turf slowing down the ball a bit.
I actually noticed that as well in the beginning, but had been working on dialing back my putting speed after one of my last lessons. I had been hitting the ball 4-5 feet past the hole and lipping everything out, so we were working on getting closer to die-in speed, so I attributed it to that. Maybe a change in weighting with the new shaft? I noticed that the putter felt heavier in the head after the swap, so maybe I was taking an easier stroke, expecting the ball to jump off the face more? I don't know. Even leaving them short at times, I'm still closer to the hole than before. A lot closer, actually. lol

Same concerns in the cobra head surfaced right when I started hitting some on the mat. Feels too light swinging and just unpleasant on contact.

Swapped in the Cleveland Frontline elite head and already it's a much better fit that the prior two heads I had tried.

Still lightens up the head but the FE handles it better. No issues with feel or contact. Softens it up a little compared to the prior shaft but that's not a bad thing.

Curious as these new combos compete with the gamer.

IMG_4678.jpeg

Same concerns in the cobra head surfaced right when I started hitting some on the mat. Feels too light swinging and just unpleasant on contact.

Swapped in the Cleveland Frontline elite head and already it's a much better fit that the prior two heads I had tried.

Still lightens up the head but the FE handles it better. No issues with feel or contact. Softens it up a little compared to the prior shaft but that's not a bad thing.

View attachment 9260913
This is interesting. Crazy how different combos can give you different feelings and contact.

View attachment 9260913
The "lighter" feel comes from the shaft being stiffer than the previous steel shaft in the putter head. The stiffer profile makes the putter feel lighter during the stroke. At least that is from the testing we have done. When you have a "softer" shaft the head lags a little more creating a "heavier" feel.

If you put on a swing weight scale, they should be comparable assuming a heavier steel part.

Hope that makes sense.
Danny

The "lighter" feel comes from the shaft being stiffer than the previous steel shaft in the putter head. The stiffer profile makes the putter feel lighter during the stroke. At least that is from the testing we have done. When you have a "softer" shaft the head lags a little more creating a "heavier" feel.

If you put on a swing weight scale, they should be comparable assuming a heavier steel part.

Hope that makes sense.
Danny
Good info.

Was coming from another aftermarket graphite shaft, but wish I would have put them on a swing weight scale.

Back