Staples

Dirtydawg67
Reaction score
Handicap
Any THP'ers want to meet up one weekend and play some golf? I am in northern-ish VA and would drive a few hours either way (north/south) if some members wanted to meet and play some golf. I enjoy playing golf with my buddies, but want to meet some of the members of the site I spend a lot of time on. Unfortunately, I am very busy in May with work and can't make the outing.(hopefully I have a new job in time for the fall outing!) This may be the only way for me to meet and play with some of you guys/girls. Just reply in thread or PM and maybe we can get something going.

FWIW: I am 28 and a normal dude that loves golf.:act-up:

I'd be up for an outing. If we can get enough interest let's plan something!

Sounds good. I assume you are from the Richmond area....have you played Mattaponi Springs or Pendleton?

You guys should get down to play my course, The Federal Club....I'm biased but it's well known that it's one of the best conditioned tracks in Virginia. Bent everything. Come on down.

Sounds good. I assume you are from the Richmond area....have you played Mattaponi Springs or Pendleton?

Played them both several times. Both are going to be in very nice shape soon! Mechanicsville by the way.

You guys should get down to play my course, The Federal Club....I'm biased but it's well known that it's one of the best conditioned tracks in Virginia. Bent everything. Come on down.

Only played the Fed once in a captains choice tourny. Very nice course!

I'm sure we can put something together.

Have never played there, but would love to! Let's set something up for sure.

I haven't played Mattaponi lately, but that is one of my favorite courses. They normally keep it in great shape. Pendleton is another favorite. I played there a few weeks ago, but the greens were really bumpy. I guess from the ground freezin and thawing it made them very soft. Heel prints were all over them. I am really looking forward to this spring so everything will green back up.

We played Mattaponi two weekends back. Saturday morning first tee time to try and avoid as much of the wind as possible. Their greens were pretty quick and firm...and all of the pins were set near a ridge or buldge so she played pretty difficult. One of these days I'm gonna play a decent round there! Get on their email list and periodically you'll get a good greens fee offer from them.

We played Mattaponi two weekends back. Saturday morning first tee time to try and avoid as much of the wind as possible. Their greens were pretty quick and firm...and all of the pins were set near a ridge or buldge so she played pretty difficult. One of these days I'm gonna play a decent round there! Get on their email list and periodically you'll get a good greens fee offer from them.

Nice. They do have some crazy greens. Mattaponi was actually the first course I broke 80 on. I am not sure how I did it, but was just playing out of my mind that day. I played there 5 times last spring and went something like 96, 89, 92, 87, 78, and then back to upper 80s. I definitely need to get back there and see what I can do since my game has improved.

Back