I played the Vice Pro soft in matte red last year with some success, I really liked them but they were sometimes really hard to find in the rough for some reason. The Vice Tour was a pretty sold ball for my game as well. I didn't notice much in terms of durability or lack of but I rarely make it a full round without losing one so take that for what it's worth.

I played the Vice Pro soft in matte red last year with some success, I really liked them but they were sometimes really hard to find in the rough for some reason. The Vice Tour was a pretty sold ball for my game as well. I didn't notice much in terms of durability or lack of but I rarely make it a full round without losing one so take that for what it's worth.

I’ve been playing the Vice Tour and I’m really surprised how good it is, is a premium ball worth +$25 more a dozen for my game, no way. I can get these to stop on a dime, they feel good around the greens and I’m seeing no loss in accuracy or distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I’ve been playing the Vice Tour and I’m really surprised how good it is, is a premium ball worth +$25 more a dozen for my game, no way. I can get these to stop on a dime, they feel good around the greens and I’m seeing no loss in accuracy or distance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed, they make a good ball. My game does not deserve a premium priced ball when these work just as well for me.

Still hitting these really well, and enjoying the ball a lot. Having serious durability issues though, couple of times the ball has ended up scuffed just through normal play, not hitting trees or anything like that. Have a couple of boxes left, and if there is no improvement I may well be looking elsewhere.

I was given a couple sleeves of the 2020 pro +. I did not have high expectations as I had played the original ball and was not that impressed. But, the new ball is a vast vast improvement. I was very impressed and very comparable to any quality OEM ball out there. I need to bet more trial but I was very impressed, it has good distance, good spin. I like the launch window. I may order some now... I dunno..

It is a touch lower spin off wedges but it spun enough.

I was given a couple sleeves of the 2020 pro +. I did not have high expectations as I had played the original ball and was not that impressed. But, the new ball is a vast vast improvement. I was very impressed and very comparable to any quality OEM ball out there. I need to bet more trial but I was very impressed, it has good distance, good spin. I like the launch window. I may order some now... I dunno..

It is a touch lower spin off wedges but it spun enough.

What did you think of the overall feel?

What did you think of the overall feel?

It’s good. I would call it mid firm. Kinda in between a prov1 and prov1x in feel. I like a firmer ball in general and if a ball is too soft it makes me feel icky inside. I have no idea what the compression is for this but it was not too soft or firm. This one was good.

It’s good. I would call it mid firm. Kinda in between a prov1 and prov1x in feel. I like a firmer ball in general and if a ball is too soft it makes me feel icky inside. I have no idea what the compression is for this but it was not too soft or firm. This one was good.

That makes sense. I have been playing it for a month now and I wish it was just a tad softer!

Interesting new video on VICE Golf Balls.

Durability definitely questionable.

I have played the new ball and found the durability to be better than the previous ball. By miles..

I’ve been a huge fan of Vice balls and the last iteration did show signs of wear especially post bunker shots. I have just ordered the latest Pro plus balls to use for the remainder of the season and based off this review I doubt I will be disappointed. Great balls at a great price point - cool brand.

Found one of these and played it for a few holes. I liked the feel and thought it spun a decent amount. Had a gap wedge that carried shorter than normal and spun back 15 feet off the green. Also had a 5 iron that came up shorter than expected. I'd need more time with it but wouldn't go out of my way to track them down.

I've been playing with the Pro Soft for a few a couple of weeks now. I've hit trees, sand, cart paths, etc. I've not seen any damage that any other balls wouldn't have.

I found one of these today. A yellow one. I had never actually seen one outside the package. I don't know how the guy/gal lost it, because the thing was glowing like it's radioactive. Interesting yellow on these.

I've been playing with the Pro Soft for a few a couple of weeks now. I've hit trees, sand, cart paths, etc. I've not seen any damage that any other balls wouldn't have.
Good to know! I have a sleeve for testing as the video had bad feedback and then later said it was good. I think others noted durability issues... @Nate<80 right?

Good to know! I have a sleeve for testing as the video had bad feedback and then later said it was good. I think others noted durability issues... @Nate<80 right?
I've read of durability issues in previous versions but all indications are the 2020 version is much improved. I'd never played them before until now. I like the price and I like the red urethane cover. I'm not sure the Pro Soft does better for me than the Q Star Tour. I might try the Pro. The Pro Plus is most likely too hard for me but I think all 3 have the same cover.

I've read of durability issues in previous versions but all indications are the 2020 version is much improved. I'd never played them before until now. I like the price and I like the red urethane cover. I'm not sure the Pro Soft does better for me than the Q Star Tour. I might try the Pro. The Pro Plus is most likely too hard for me but I think all 3 have the same cover.
I have some pros and played a pro plus which felt good

Definite durability issues in last years Pro Plus model. I still like the ball, and hope it has improved in the 2020 model. I have been pondering a bit lately with the Chrome Softs🤔

I ahve fully switched over and LOVE them...

I am a long time Prov1X guy...they are just as soft around the greens, and just as long and track as true with Driver...I have seen all the blind iron byron trials and they are a little more spinny around greens, and about the same with driver...

I have been working through the stock pile of V1x's as I am using newly logo'ed (as it is still even cheaper to buy with logos's (my "brand") than buying V1x's or V1's

but with a putter, notice zero difference, and with wedges, they are nearly identical (am a feel player so feel off face, and action are critical to me), Driver, I think I am a little biased but think I hit it a little better with the Vice Pro Plus...

I've played the Vice Pro and overall it's a great ball. Comes off hot off the driver and works great around the greens. I will definitely be buying another dozen

I've been playing the Pro Plus for a lot of this season and really enjoying it. No real loss of distance with any clubs, and spins well around the green with a good feel off the putter. The only issue I've come up with so far is the durability isn't great but that is almost with random balls. I can play a full 18 with one ball and there isn't a mark on it, but sometimes I'll play one hole with another one and it's badly scuffed. Not sure the QC is as it should be, but I'll keep plugging away. The website is out of stock at the minute though, and I'm down to my last half dozen. May need to be 7 irons off the tee going forwards until they're back in stock!

Back