Virginians Here's an opportunity to Volunteer for US Mid Am Kinloch and Independence

GolfTravelDude

Team Hackers Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
24MID_Logo_FULL COLOR
U.S. Mid-Am Volunteer Opportunity
Be a part of the 2024 U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship at Kinloch Golf Club and Independence Golf Club this September! The championship is seeking volunteers for a variety of positions from September 19-26, 2024. The $50 volunteer package includes a Peter Millar golf shirt and pullover, a volunteer hat, and a meal on days that you work. Plus, volunteers who complete 3 or more shifts will be eligible for a complimentary round of golf!

24MID_Logo_FULL COLOR
U.S. Mid-Am Volunteer Opportunity
Be a part of the 2024 U.S. Mid-Amateur Championship at Kinloch Golf Club and Independence Golf Club this September! The championship is seeking volunteers for a variety of positions from September 19-26, 2024. The $50 volunteer package includes a Peter Millar golf shirt and pullover, a volunteer hat, and a meal on days that you work. Plus, volunteers who complete 3 or more shifts will be eligible for a complimentary round of golf!
I saw that. 4 shifts for a round at Kinloch. 8 for you and a guest at Kinloch. Independence isn’t worth it. Very overrated. I’ve never played kinloch and would love to but same time I don’t feel like doing 4 shifts to play at a place that really really doesn’t want you there. The owner of kinloch takes serious pride in keeping people out of kinloch. If the place was more welcoming then yeah I’d definitely consider it.

Well I'm all for it and glad you shared it! Regardless of the prideful owner of Kinloch I'd still love an opportunity to play it.

Well I'm all for it and glad you shared it! Regardless of the prideful owner of Kinloch I'd still love an opportunity to play it.
It’s an absolutely gorgeous course. The owner is just an ass. Members are only allowed to play a very limited amount per year and you only get like a couple guests every year so it’s basically it’s just for the entertaining for business partners only. Plus your invite has to come from him. So even if you got bud(s) there that means nothing as far as getting in. The guy really thinks Kinloch is like Augusta but more exclusive. Sadly that’s actually how Independence is starting to become even being public.

@PharaohHB @V14_Heels I have played Kinloch and they were over the top welcoming to me as a rater. Had me play with the Super, gave me a tour of the place, bought me lunch. Course is very nice but I took issue with the artificial creek which splits 3 fairways. 1 great 2 ok but 3 times a tad overzealous. But a minor fault.
My opinion is 4 shifts well worth a round there. Plus the package of stuff is a deal.

Yea I signed up for sure. And also we should get together for a round. :) Do you guys play all over or member somewhere?

Back