bram89

Reaction score
Hey y'all

Looking to upgrade my 10 year old wedge set. I have a Vokey 200 series 52.08 wedge from the mid/late 2000's that I adore. I love how thin the sole is. Wondering whether the L or F or S grind on the newer Vokey's would be most similar to my 252.08?

Thanks!

I'm sure others will chime in here in due time, but I think to answer your question you're looking at two different elements: bounce and grind. Your 200 series wedge is an .08, which indicates 8 degrees of bounce. Fortunately, you now have a bunch of grind options to consider relative to what was offered when your 200 was made. The correct answer, by the way is to go to a Titleist fitter/demo day/retailer and sample each grind to find out which works best for you. Playing conditions, swing type, how you open the face, etc. all play a factor. My short answer? The 'F' grind is probably going to be the closest match to what you have; it's a general purpose grind with little to no relief on the sole, so it's intended for full shots with a square face.

Oh, and welcome to THP!

Thanks!

A demo day is a great idea. Is Titleist currently offering demo events? How can I schedule one? I can't seem to find events on their website.

Everything has changed since you bought that wedge - go to a Titleist Fitting Center where you hit a club on grass, not your local store.

Back