Vokey Experience Travel Thread 2024

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Figured I'd get a thread started for travel plans. I'm coming from Chicago and looks like United has direct flights. I'm looking to come in Saturday evening and grab a hotel room near the Roanoke Airport so I'm up for some Sunday morning Golf if anyone is around. Originally was just looking to Uber but if anyone else is around and wants to split the cost of a rental I'm game. I see it's the typical check in of around 4pm.

Let me know your thoughts and plans!

Figured I'd get a thread started for travel plans. I'm coming from Chicago and looks like United has direct flights. I'm looking to come in Saturday evening and grab a hotel room near the Roanoke Airport so I'm up for some Sunday morning Golf if anyone is around. Originally was just looking to Uber but if anyone else is around and wants to split the cost of a rental I'm game. I see it's the typical check in of around 4pm.

Let me know your thoughts and plans!
Good idea with so many first timers coming.
A couple of notes.
Roanoke airport is small. But just across the interstate from it is a mall/shopping area and it has a number of hotels. I stayed at a Hyatt Place there that was just fine.
The airport is about 15 minutes away from the course. You dont want to stay by the course.

I'm located between Chattanooga and Knoxville, Tennessee, so I'll just be driving up on Sunday morning and droving back when we are all wrapped up on Tuesday afternoon. It's right at a five hour drive for me.

Unfortunately, I don't come through anywhere that would really have a bigger airport for anyone to fly into. Although, I might have space for one or two folks and bags to get back to the Roanoke airport from Ballyhack on Tuesday if that would be of help.

I am very excited to meet all of you and go through this experience with you all. It will be a ton of fun and very informative.

I have booked my flight. I will fly from SLC to ATL and then connect into ROA. I will arrive quite late on Saturday the 27th. I have a room booked at Hampton Inn, Roanoke Airport, just a cheapie, which will serve me fine. I also reserved a rental car, a Nissan Maxima. I am happy to give anyone a ride, but since it is a car, I am not sure if I can hold more than one other person.

I obviously will be around all day on Sunday. I am open to considering another round, but three rounds in two days probably are enough for me. However, I don’t want to be a buzzkill, if there is a group that wants to get out on the 28th.

My flight leaves at 6:40 p.m. on April 30. Again, I am happy to help shuttle.

I am super excited for this experience and to meet everybody. It will come quickly.

I also booked my flights. I'll be in Roanoke at 8:50p on the 27th, haven't booked a hotel room as of yet, was waiting for others plans. My flight on the 30th is at 5:38p. I'm happy to help share the cost of the car or if someone else needs a ride I've already checked for Uber service from Hotel to course which was running about $20 each way.

Edit: Just booked the Hampton Inn also. Looks like they have a shuttle service from the airport also.

Last edited:
I'll likely be driving in, adding in some other stops along the way before the event. I will likely be available to pick up someone from the airport if they're coming in Sunday afternoon if that's helpful. Let me know and we can work out details. Looking forward to my first THP experience!

31 days out, anyone solidified plans?

Travel plans are as follows
Flying in Sat, April 27 @ 8:50pm
Hotel at the Hampton Inn
Open all Sunday before check in to BallyHack, would love to catch a ride if anyone is available.
Flight out Tues, April 30 @ 5:38pm, again hoping to hitch a ride if I can to the airport, but I also see Uber is available if people aren't heading that way.

I'm up for golf on Sunday if anyone wants to play, if not I'll arrange for a late checkout and if anyone gets there early we can grab some lunch.

31 days out, anyone solidified plans?

Travel plans are as follows
Flying in Sat, April 27 @ 8:50pm
Hotel at the Hampton Inn
Open all Sunday before check in to BallyHack, would love to catch a ride if anyone is available.
Flight out Tues, April 30 @ 5:38pm, again hoping to hitch a ride if I can to the airport, but I also see Uber is available if people aren't heading that way.

I'm up for golf on Sunday if anyone wants to play, if not I'll arrange for a late checkout and if anyone gets there early we can grab some lunch.
I posted mine above.

I'm still trying to finalize my plans but most likely will be driving in on Sunday so I don't think I'll be up for a round that day.

I'm driving in on Sunday and plan to arrive in the area mid-late afternoon for the 4:00 check-in. I can pick up likely 1 person from the airport, but wouldn't be until at least 2:30-3. Happy to do it if it works with your arrival plans.

Booked, flying in Saturday night, arriving in Roanoke about 545. Have a room at the Hyatt place for the evening. I would love to get together Saturday night for anybody that is arriving that early for a dinner and a couple cocktails. Let me know.

To say I’m pumped up as an understatement. Let’s Gooooo!

Booked, flying in Saturday night, arriving in Roanoke about 545. Have a room at the Hyatt place for the evening. I would love to get together Saturday night for anybody that is arriving that early for a dinner and a couple cocktails. Let me know.

To say I’m pumped up as an understatement. Let’s Gooooo!
Agreed, getting pretty real! Looks like we are close hotel wise. I won't land until about 9pm EST but hoping something close will be open for dinner/drinks.

Back