Volvik Condor and Condor X Golf Balls Review

Haha lots of factors. I am curious to see how the ball translates locally compared to the tight lies at Briggs
I need to pick up a few more so I can play them in nicer weather.

Got to the short game area yesterday after work and put all 3 volvik balls in play. I have a post on the xt soft in that thread as well.

Putting I had 1 of each ball in play. The condor felt good off the face wasn't too firm and speed control was consistent and rolled well for me this ball was 2nd overall for me. The condor x as stated before is probably not right for my game and on the putting green was a little firmer than I am used to. I wasn't miles off putting with the condor x but I did have a learning curve to get the speed right.

Chipping is where I could really tell the difference the condor performed pretty well and I got a couple to stop quickly. I did try to carry some to the hole and stop them and I did get a couple to do it ( again my game not the ball). Bump and run performed the best of the 3 balls in the test for me and the roll out was predictable.

The condor x I surprisingly could get to check up when trying to on a couple of shots but mostly I played the shots with the x for more roll out. Bump and run performed well it did run out more than the other 2 in testing but that is probably to be expected with my game.

Durability again was solid the regular condor did show more wear than the x but it's due to me having more shots with it. I wouldn't be concerned to put these in play at all.

Next testing/practice sessions I will just use 1 ball each time and see how each ball performs specifically for me and not against each other.

Got the Condor and Condor X on the course today and was surprised by the results. It was windy today and the fairways and greens were running fast.

Off the tee the X was the winner. Seemed straighter and handled the wind better. The regular Condor wasn’t bad but it was a good bit shorter into the wind.

I don’t hit many greens so it’s hard for me to judge approach shots. I will say the X flew higher off my irons and hybrid. I don’t think I would’ve had an issue stopping either even as firm as the greens were.

Chipping, pitching, and putting was a draw. Both felt and performed nearly identical with the Condor having a touch more stopping power than the X.

Overall I think I like the X better but I didn’t play that well so that could change next time out. I do believe Volvik has two winners here if people will give them a chance.

Back