Waiting for Spring/Golf season to arrive….

tahoebum

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
How many others are waiting for their golf courses to open for the year? Here in Minneapolis we had the 3rd snowiest winter ever going back to 1872 so we still have snow on the ground with more on the way for the northern part of the state today and tomorrow. The snowfall looks like it will miss us to the north and things are looking much warmer by this weekend so next week some of the public courses in the area will open. The average opening date for my club is April 6th but that will be more like the 20th this year. I’m super excited to get back to playing golf 3+ days a week and seeing some temperatures in the 60’s!

AC8C6118-728E-4E43-8F82-5A040C35A7CC.jpeg1BB4A831-1FE8-4374-A43B-4B73962D958A.jpeg

Yep we are just starting to see golf weather starting to take hold here in CT. I feel for ya 👊

Have played every month here in NC 😧

Definitely waiting here. Starting to get warm enough but rain is forecasted this week. Given that we will likely have to deal with mud for sometime. At least the snow should be done here.

Kick the Guy while he's down why don't ya.:banghead:😂

No worries as we are wintering in Florida from October to May starting this fall. Naples only averages about 10 days of high temperatures below 70º F each year. :) I’ve survived my last MN winter.

We had one of the least snowy winters in the last 50 years in Cleveland, but a lot of the snow that did come seemed to come in spurts over the last month. Our club's greens are finally open today. Last year they were open in mid-March.

Wow. Not sure how folk handle such a long period without golf on the course.

Have played every month here in NC 😧
This is not the thread for you. It’s like someone choosing elephant when asked to choose between their two favorite breakfast sandwiches

We haven’t had much snow at all but it’s been rainy and cold for like a month now

Wow. Not sure how folk handle such a long period without golf on the course.

We spend a lot of time on skis, skates, and snowmobiles.:ROFLMAO:

I actually played golf last week in Florida so now I’m all fired up for the season to start!

We leave for Walker, mn in five weeks. they still have a bunch of snow on the ground and more to come the next day or so. The positive thing is that it’s supposed to hit the high 40’s this weekend. Hopefully this is the last of it. I’m wondering how the southern communities will deal with the snowmelt. I’m thinking the Mississippi, The Red and some others will cause flooding problems for some communities

At least you will have some decent spring skiing if you want it.

We leave for Walker, mn in five weeks. they still have a bunch of snow on the ground and more to come the next day or so. The positive thing is that it’s supposed to hit the high 40’s this weekend. Hopefully this is the last of it. I’m wondering how the southern communities will deal with the snowmelt. I’m thinking the Mississippi, The Red and some others will cause flooding problems for some communities

We spend most of the summer in Gull Lake just 1 hour south of you and you are wise to wait until May. The experts are predicting Heavy flooding along the Mississippi in Iowa and some cities farther south. It looks like the snow will melt quickly starting in a few days and above average temps on the way for at least a week straight.

We too are in snow-magedon mode and watching weather forecasts closely. So much snow to melt and so far we remain 10-15 degrees below average. 🥶 This will be a late start golf year. League starts April 25, and that’s questionable.

In the meantime I am working on back/knee health, the swing (sims), and putting (daily home drills). I plan to hit this season with golf “fast and danger.” 😀

Attachments

• IMG_1431.jpeg
    IMG_1431.jpeg
    104.4 KB · Views: 3
How many others are waiting for their golf courses to open for the year? Here in Minneapolis we had the 3rd snowiest winter ever going back to 1872 so we still have snow on the ground with more on the way for the northern part of the state today and tomorrow. The snowfall looks like it will miss us to the north and things are looking much warmer by this weekend so next week some of the public courses in the area will open. The average opening date for my club is April 6th but that will be more like the 20th this year. I’m super excited to get back to playing golf 3+ days a week and seeing some temperatures in the 60’s!

View attachment 9169087View attachment 9169088
Not sure how you all deal with constant snow cover. I applaud those that live in the cold north. I have a new appreciation for winter after spending a big portion of this winter in South Dakota.

It’s been pretty cold in VA the last few months but got out to practice or play. Now it’s gonna be 80/70 here the next few weeks. 😳

The course 5 mins from my house is open year round but I honestly don't have much time to golf during the winter anyways so it's not a huge thing. The local range is now open and I should be able to hit some balls this weekend for the first time in 2023. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

We spend a lot of time on skis, skates, and snowmobiles.:ROFLMAO:

I actually played golf last week in Florida so now I’m all fired up for the season to start!
Damn near the exact reasons I was starting. Just sub in snowboarding and Louisiana.

Supposed to be 60 this weekend, so hopefully not too far off from courses opening.

Golf season is here in Mass!!
It's still on the colder side but courses are opening up.

I’m hoping to get out Friday. Maybe the end of next week once I’m back in town.

I feel for you. In the winter of 2013/14 we received nine feet of snow. It took forEVER for that stuff to melt, lol.

1680652572102.png

Last estimate was that our club won't open for another two weeks......

I'm so ready for the season to start! My home course posted that they expect a late April opening, which is a few weeks earlier than the last several years! Still plenty of snow on the ground yet though... and it snowed all weekend...

But the greens crew has been hard at work plowing away the white stuff to help spring thaw! All the cart paths have been clear for about a week, and now they're chipping away at the fairways that are notoriously wet/shady in the summer.

Back