Waiting for Spring/Golf season to arrive….

I also cannot wait for the snow to start melting in the metro Minneapolis area, got a few rounds in in Arizona in March and that got me fired up for the season to start in MN. Going to be awhile for the northern half of the state but the metro and south there should be a few courses starting to open.

Hitting the range tomorrow, haven’t hit a ball since late October. Between that and it being Masters week, it feels like Christmas Eve.

My courses are just now opening all of the holes.

How many others are waiting for their golf courses to open for the year? Here in Minneapolis we had the 3rd snowiest winter ever going back to 1872 so we still have snow on the ground with more on the way for the northern part of the state today and tomorrow. The snowfall looks like it will miss us to the north and things are looking much warmer by this weekend so next week some of the public courses in the area will open. The average opening date for my club is April 6th but that will be more like the 20th this year. I’m super excited to get back to playing golf 3+ days a week and seeing some temperatures in the 60’s!

I've been driving down to IA to play. I'm hoping here in Roch, Monday will be the day

Just looked at the long range forecast. It’s going to be in the 70s and possibly 80 next week.

It's 60° here today with 25-30 mph winds, but it looks like we finally have a warming trend coming. We're way behind schedule for this cold stuff to be gone!

Wx0423.png

Back