Watches and Saltwater Aquariums

No protein skimmer. Never had one on a tank under 30 gallons. Do a 20% water change once a week and gravel vac the sand and you’ll never have a problem. Just make sure you don’t overload with fish. I’m a huge fan of the AI Primes for nano tanks. They’re probably the cheapest (highest quality) option. The Kessil A80 is a close second but requires a separate controller that makes it slightly more expensive. When you go to buy live rock make sure you buy the artificial stuff (dry if possible). It’s made of calcium but more importantly it most likely won’t have any pests on it. I prefer the Real Reef brand but each store carries different stuff. It’s an expensive hobby but it’s very manageable if you do everything right the first time.

If you happen to live in Florida I highly recommend going to World Wide Corals. They’re the best in the business. My old coworker is actually the manager of one of their stores down there

Watches and salt-water aquariums. Now that is an interesting pairing....
Yah, gave me a WTF? at first. I related it to my having to attempt resuscitation of a cell phone after flipping a kayak in open ocean waters off the coast of Camp Pendleton. Never did get the cell to work in spite of burying in a pot of rice.

I am definitely a watch "enthusiast" ("snob" sounds so snobbish ;)). I stalk various watch forums and one week ago I just acquired my first Tudor (BBS&G) to go with two Tags (2000 Professional and Carrera 02 Sport) and a G-Shock (does a Shot Scope count?). I was looking at Rolex Milgauss or Air-King but they're not easy to find new and just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on a grey market at the prices they charge.

I am definitely a watch "enthusiast" ("snob" sounds so snobbish ;)). I stalk various watch forums and one week ago I just acquired my first Tudor (BBS&G) to go with two Tags (2000 Professional and Carrera 02 Sport) and a G-Shock (does a Shot Scope count?). I was looking at Rolex Milgauss or Air-King but they're not easy to find new and just couldn't get myself to pull the trigger on a grey market at the prices they charge.
Seems like demand is starting to soften so I bet within a few months you would definitely be able to acquire an Air King at retail. A Milgauss would have a decent chance too

Seems like demand is starting to soften so I bet within a few months you would definitely be able to acquire an Air King at retail. A Milgauss would have a decent chance too
Unfortunately, it will have to wait longer than that or I'll be soundly thrashed by the Mrs. now that I have the new Tudor. :sneaky:

Unfortunately, it will have to wait longer than that or I'll be soundly thrashed by the Mrs. now that I have the new Tudor. :sneaky:

Edit: just saw it was the S&G. I love Tudors TT models. Something about the brushed look fits them so well

I have one Breitling & starting a collection of Tag Heuer. Not sure if 2 deems it a collection quite yet :unsure:

I've never been a watch snob. The last one I wore was made of plastic! Nowadays my cell phone tells me the time, as does my vehicle, and a whole bunch of other stuff out there. What do I need a watch for. These days it's purely jewelry, and I don't wear jewelry.

Aquariums are cool, but I've always had dogs! You can't hunt birds with a fish!

Back