The new green seamster looks super nice to me, always one of those colors I wish I could pull off but am too boring to drop the cash on and instead opt for classic styles.

Had an order in for a Harrods BB but covid killed my chance at flying over to grab it - for the best as I’m sure I’d be bored with it now

Last edited:
The AD I talked to said OP and DJ are doable. Most Rolex ss sports watches are still difficult without significant purchase history. I went grey market for my Submariner Date.
I’m thinking of doing the same once I’m in the market again. I put my name down for the celebration dial OP but I won’t hold my breath. Grey markets prices for SS sports watches such as the explorer and sub are pretty reasonable

I’m thinking of doing the same once I’m in the market again. I put my name down for the celebration dial OP but I won’t hold my breath. Grey markets prices for SS sports watches such as the explorer and sub are pretty reasonable
Agree. I purchased mine through Luxury Bazaar. They have been in business for over 20 yrs. The watch is just as advertised, if not better. They are very customer focused. They want repeat business and treat each customer very well regardless of the size of the transaction.

The grey market price for GMT and Daytona are still very high compared to AD msrp. I wanted a GMT Master II. But, I'm not paying $8-9k over msrp. As you said, the markup on subs and explorers or explorer II are much more reasonable and you get the watch in days.

The grey market price for GMT and Daytona are still very high compared to AD msrp. I wanted a GMT Master II. But, I'm not paying $8-9k over msrp. As you said, the markup on subs and explorers or explorer II are much more reasonable and you get the watch in days.
My plan is to ask my AD for the watch I decide to go with and if they don’t deliver within 3-6 months I’ll just go grey. I’d love a CHNR or Bluesy but I’ll probably go for a sub or DJ

My plan is to ask my AD for the watch I decide to go with and if they don’t deliver within 3-6 months I’ll just go grey. I’d love a CHNR or Bluesy but I’ll probably go for a sub or DJ
You should be able to get a DJ. I've been offered several by my AD. Also, figure out if you want a DJ36 or DJ41.

You should be able to get a DJ. I've been offered several by my AD. Also, figure out if you want a DJ36 or DJ41.
I’d probably do 36. DJ I’m not worried about because they know me well there but I think a sub would be my first choice

Rolex is pretty crazy now, I still remember the days when you could get a slight discount on most sports watches (minus the Daytona) - now it’s like you have to be a super established customer and hope your dealer doesn’t go bust, wait years, or pay a hefty grey premium

I consider myself lucky I have my old SEL 3135 based Sub and managed to get a blro a year after they came out because I was persistent with the dealer/sales manager I worked with which has since gone out and he is working somewhere I don’t have any history with

I know a bunch of guys who don’t even want to wear their watches anymore due to the replacement cost and scarcity

now that I am back in the office I wear mine but it’s not as big of a deal to me anymore and I always think how I’d be happier with one nice watch or a few Omegas or Tudors

Rolex is pretty crazy now, I still remember the days when you could get a slight discount on most sports watches (minus the Daytona) - now it’s like you have to be a super established customer and hope your dealer doesn’t go bust, wait years, or pay a hefty grey premium

I consider myself lucky I have my old SEL 3135 based Sub and managed to get a blro a year after they came out because I was persistent with the dealer/sales manager I worked with which has since gone out and he is working somewhere I don’t have any history with

I know a bunch of guys who don’t even want to wear their watches anymore due to the replacement cost and scarcity

now that I am back in the office I wear mine but it’s not as big of a deal to me anymore and I always think how I’d be happier with one nice watch or a few Omegas or Tudors
I agree. Before I sold my Rolex I felt a little uneasy wearing it on a couple of trips and it wasn’t even anything special. I’d almost rather have a Tudor or Omega for traveling instead

I agree. Before I sold my Rolex I felt a little uneasy wearing it on a couple of trips and it wasn’t even anything special. I’d almost rather have a Tudor or Omega for traveling instead

I don’t wear mine traveling ever unless it’s somewhere I know and comfortable with.

I have an alpha chrono and a Dan Henry I use for travel

I’ve sold a few Rolex to get others and I occasionally think about selling mine now but just never do it as replacing them would be impossible

Recently been thinking about getting a nice watch to wear while not breaking the bank. Been drawn to the Seiko Presage due to the price point and looks. Trying to keep it at a reasonable price point so I will feel comfortable wearing it as well.

Interested in hearing people's thoughts and maybe other watches they would recommend in a similar price point.

Recently been thinking about getting a nice watch to wear while not breaking the bank. Been drawn to the Seiko Presage due to the price point and looks. Trying to keep it at a reasonable price point so I will feel comfortable wearing it as well.

Interested in hearing people's thoughts and maybe other watches they would recommend in a similar price point.
The Seiko Presage line is very good looking. You might also look at Hamilton and Tissot watches. Are you looking for a dress watch or more casual? Is water resistance important? Do you want an automatic or quartz movement? Also, bracelet vs leather or rubber strap?

Hamilton khaki and Tissot prx are really good value

Hamilton would be in a similar price point. The Tissot PRX might be a little cheaper and is a very nice watch. Also can’t go wrong with Oris. Imo they’re probably the best value in the $2-3k range

Hamilton would be in a similar price point. The Tissot PRX might be a little cheaper and is a very nice watch. Also can’t go wrong with Oris. Imo they’re probably the best value in the $2-3k range

All of these are good options. Oris has been doing some really good designs lately. Also check out Nomos Glashütte and Longines.

I am in love with the Oris Aquis Titanium Date. Not sure my wife would be happy if I dropped that much on a watch though.

Been looking around at a lot of watches the past few days. Came across Maurice Lacroix AIKON Automatic with the black dial. Just a total noob on watch brands. Is this a good brand or one I should run for the hills on it.

I am in love with the Oris Aquis Titanium Date. Not sure my wife would be happy if I dropped that much on a watch though.

You can pick up a gently used Oris for decent money. I have the Aquis (not in titanium). Doesn’t get much wrist time these days. I’d probably seek mine if I wasn’t going to take such a huge hit on it.

Inquired to 3 ADs that I have some level of a relationship with about getting a celebration dial OP. Surprisingly, I seemed to have picked up a little traction with the one I have the least history with. I won’t hold my breath but I was pleasantly surprised with the response I got. Keeping my fingers crossed

Unrelated, I have seen some in person shots of the PRX with an ice blue dial and I’m smitten by it. I had no idea Tissot even released one. This could make for a really nice office watch

IMG_4577.jpeg

Inquired to 3 ADs that I have some level of a relationship with about getting a celebration dial OP. Surprisingly, I seemed to have picked up a little traction with the one I have the least history with. I won’t hold my breath but I was pleasantly surprised with the response I got. Keeping my fingers crossed

Unrelated, I have seen some in person shots of the PRX with an ice blue dial and I’m smitten by it. I had no idea Tissot even released one. This could make for a really nice office watch

View attachment 9175254
It is a beautiful watch. Been thinking about getting a Tissot Gentleman Silicium. Just love the looks of it so much for the price.

It is a beautiful watch. Been thinking about getting a Tissot Gentleman Silicium. Just love the looks of it so much for the price.
That’s another stunner! It was actually one I was between before I got my Hamilton. The green dial variant is really nice. Something about the bracelet gives it VC Overseas vibes

Also worth mentioning is the new collaboration between IWC and the Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 team. I have never been a huge IWC fan but their watches are growing on me. The last two Mercedes collaborations have been killer.

The prx interests me a lot and the quartz is dumb cheap.

Back