Water coolers, ball washers, and coolers on the cart. Does your course have them?

I got the same email from CBIGG.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Yeah we had a few guys send emails to the General Manager this morning about several things that they are doing (or shall I say not doing) and this was one of the big issues. It wouldn't be too bad if they had a beverage cart that was consistent but they don't and you never now if they will be out there or not. Here in Texas it's hard to carry enough water with you if you are walking when it's 95+.

Ball washers are back for us. No water coolers yet. They do have e a water station at the 1st tee and you can get free bottled water on hole 4 and 12.

No, No and No!

I am ok with no water coolers I bring my own and i have a soft cooler that fits in the basket. Ball washers are on each hole again and we have rakes in the bunkers.

If I was playing a private course I might expect ball washers on the carts.

Today I got a mass email sent from the ownership group of my home course. It was an update of what they are doing with Covid such as not allowing outside events such as tournaments, weddings, etc. and that they won't this year. It has the usual jargon of we want to put focus on our members and so forth. I find it funny because our overall course conditions, service, and satisfaction of members is down overall since they took ownership about 4 years ago. Here is a screen shot of a section of the email about not having water coolers or ball washers on the courses. We still don't have coolers on our carts. They actually gave us as our tournament gift for our member guest a Callaway soft shell cooler. I personally wish they would get ball washers and water coolers back on the course as I think it's just a good amenity to provide.
Ball washers and water coolers on the course, yes but no coolers on the carts. I definetly missed the ball washers last year during COVID golf.

Yeah we had a few guys send emails to the General Manager this morning about several things that they are doing (or shall I say not doing) and this was one of the big issues. It wouldn't be too bad if they had a beverage cart that was consistent but they don't and you never now if they will be out there or not. Here in Texas it's hard to carry enough water with you if you are walking when it's 95+.

Why in God's name would you abuse youself like that?!

Lots of courses that we play have signs up saying "No Outside Coolers", but they really only care if you're trying to smuggle beer onto the course. They have to buy a permit from the Liquor Control Board, and it costs them some real money. Bring water and snacks on, you're perfectly fine!

Why in God's name would you abuse youself like that?!

Lots of courses that we play have signs up saying "No Outside Coolers", but they really only care if you're trying to smuggle beer onto the course. They have to buy a permit from the Liquor Control Board, and it costs them some real money. Bring water and snacks on, you're perfectly fine!
Honestly I’m probably not unless it’s in the morning before it’s that hot or a Monday evening when the club is closed and I walk 9 holes. The clubhouse is closed Mondays but the course is open to walk or if you have your own cart.

We have ball washers and bunker rakes but no water barrel stations. At one course, those went away before Covid because some clown thought it was funny to tamper with them.

Back