Wearable Air Conditioner? Yes, Please!

Space Bandito

Baguette
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
2 Children
There is a model somewhere that goes around the neck, that looks really good.

The waist model looks like be a bit of a pain, but probably well worth it when the heat is so ridiculous!

Screenshot_20230717_065123_Chrome.jpg

That’s kind of cool. I see like wearable fans that people wear at Disney

i would just hang out under some trees. Most definitely hotter in house than out of it if no Air Con

If it really works, no issue at all. I enjoy being cool, if I'm never going to look cool I might as well feel cool.

It’s pretty clever. And an affordable price if it truly works. Game changer for the elderly as well.

Well I look at it this way. Its to hot and its dangerous so I'll stay inside in the cool , where AC and water are readily available. This to will pass ;)

@xThor introduced me to a neck one in Myrtle Beach and I promptly ordered one. It's not as fancy or as powerful as the one you're describing I'm sure, and man do I get a lot of sh*t for it, but I stay cool in the cart in between shots.

I could've used one of these on Saturday!

With heatwaves beating up a good part of the world (hit 44°C/111.2°F here in Greece this weekend,) this couldn't have come at a better time.

I don't know if it exists outside the Japanese market, but I have no issue paying the import duties. What say you?

Wow, that’s pretty cool. That could be very useful for the course

There is a model somewhere that goes around the neck, that looks really good.

The waist model looks like be a bit of a pain, but probably well worth it when the heat is so ridiculous!

View attachment 9193178
I bought one of these for my wife two years ago. The warmth generated from being in contact with your skin can't be overcome by the small movement of ambient air it produces. In our experience at least, it's not worth it.

She just started with the hot flashes this year, so if they do make something that works, I'll definitely bite!

So is it actually an air conditioner, or really a belt with fans? If it's air con, I want to know where the condensation goes... 😳

So is it actually an air conditioner, or really a belt with fans? If it's air con, I want to know where the condensation goes... 😳
According to them, the belt contains a heat absorbing phase change material, which cools the air it takes in, and then blows it onto you via fans. No condenser needed.

I've seen these advertised before, but haven't ever talked to someone who's used them!

Back