Wearable Tech on the Course

I have a Garmin S6 and I like it. Iv actually worn it so much its weird not having it when I play. I only use it for quick yardages as in front/center/back and keeping score instead of jacking with a score card. I leave my playing partners to handle the score card most of the time.

Now, when it comes to playing courses with large greens, then I will use my rangefinder but greens at my course as long as I know if the pin is front,center, or back I just go off the yardage and weather conditions and shoot.

Battery life is really good. I can play all day and only use half battery power.

I'm to that point as well. Not wearing mine feels more awkward.

I have a Bushnell watch which I attach to my bag. What I love about Bushnell is they have courses preloaded and a few times while with buds who have a Garmin. Mine found the course and theirs didn't.
Never thought about just attaching it elsewhere. I do enjoy the step counter and the map after a round though.

I wear my Apple Watch and use it for distances. Really haven’t looked at any of the other options out there.

Interested to hear your thoughts on this one!! Is that the $500+ model??

I have the Fenix 6 Pro. I think MSRP is around the $599 mark. Watch does more than I will ever use. Battery life for normal wear is about 6-7 days. Fitness and golf feature is about all I have used on it. Of course like any Technology it has taken some getting used too but don't leave home without it now.

I have the Fenix 6 Pro. I think MSRP is around the $599 mark. Watch does more than I will ever use. Battery life for normal wear is about 6-7 days. Fitness and golf feature is about all I have used on it. Of course like any Technology it has taken some getting used too but don't leave home without it now.
I am with @dazeedmonds ...I switched to Sprint and got 1/2 price Apple Watch 5 so that is my go to for GPS now.....going to try Golfshot app this year (18 Birdie app didnt work well)

I am with @dazeedmonds ...I switched to Sprint and got 1/2 price Apple Watch 5 so that is my go to for GPS now.....going to try Golfshot app this year (18 Birdie app didnt work well)

Agreed, 18 birdie was not good. And drained my phone battery very quickly.

I was never a watch guy until all of the Smart Watches came about and I now am a GPS guy on the wrist so I can know the distance to the front edge and I have a rangefinder to know the hole yardage. I love them.

Hole19 works pretty well as does Arccos

I do have a GolfBuddy gps, the little clip on kinds. I prefet my rangefinder though. Only downfall to the rangefinder is line of sight has to be clear, with the GolfBuddy you can get center of green from anywhere whether you can see it or not.
I was reading about those prior,Just got a good deal on this 1. Really accurate battery life about 2 rounds.
d15cd37dc0abaa942f436884fa46c762.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

The apple watch has worked well for me thus far, and since I wear it all the time, I like being able to use it for golf.

But other devices always have me wondering if they would perform better just for golf.

Any unique features that your device uses that someone else may not know about?

I used a Garmin G6 for a number of years. Then I tried a rangefinder and it was too much of a hassle for any benefits I got from it. Then I got a Garmin S20 and that is the best option I have found for the data I can actually benefit from.

Just not real crazy about having a watch on, just haven't worn one in so long I think it would feel weird. No wearable tech for me.

x2...every time I try to go back to wearing one, it only takes minutes to remember why I don't...

I wear my Apple Watch and use it for distances. Really haven’t looked at any of the other options out there.
I keep thinking there's more my watch could do for me in my golf game, practice and rounds for sure.

I keep thinking there's more my watch could do for me in my golf game, practice and rounds for sure.

That's what I am interested in. What is my gear not doing for me, I should be using.

I really like the GPS watches - they’ve really grown on me.

I have a Whoop band now - and being able to hook my watch up on my bag when I walk is huge

I purchased the Garmin S60 watch last year and love it. So many courses and the yardage is really accurate. It’s a bit cumbersome, but I’d rather have it on me than using a range finder or my phone.

I really like the GPS watches - they’ve really grown on me.

I have a Whoop band now - and being able to hook my watch up on my bag when I walk is huge

I've been interested in the Whoop band just from the fitness perspective.

I purchased the Garmin S60 watch last year and love it. So many courses and the yardage is really accurate. It’s a bit cumbersome, but I’d rather have it on me than using a range finder or my phone.
Agreed. It's taken me some getting used to on the course.

I really like it -sleep has improved and I pace my workouts better

Also gps function tracks the golf rounds - and one of the strain (excercise) options is golf

It’s going to depend a lot on the app you’re using with it, but I find it convenient.

I wear a Garmin Venu and had a Vivoactive before that. It's weird for me to not have a GPS watch of some kind.

That's what I am interested in. What is my gear not doing for me, I should be using.
I'm sure there's always some features I'm over looking.

Back