Wedges : where to go from here

I think I was just looking to see if there are compelling reasons for me to go to a non cb wedge. I love the CBX and they do pretty much what I tell them to do. I am intrigued to try a bladed style wedge now that my swing is where I want it to be and see if I can benefit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd say the natural progression from CBX wedge would be the Ping Glide Stealth 2.0. It's less of a cavity back and more of a blade but not really either. It's like a CBX with a smaller head and cavity. Has a lot of useable bounce as well. Just my thoughts.

I guess I don’t know? I feel like maybe some spin into greens and some stopping power? Possibly better feel and touch?

I’m compelled by the looks of the blade wedges but I don’t know if their versatility would be lost on me or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't find a need for "versatility with wedges".
For example , if the lie is really bad my goal is to get the ball out of the bad lie and on the green, so a square face at address is likely the best choice.
If the ball is sitting well with a good lie , by choosing one loft or another, I can play a low shot or a high shot. So, I don't find a reason to open or close the face of a wedge.

The biggest advantage I see of blade type wedges is around the green. That's where I can open it up close it down for more bite etc., anything with a grass bunker or within 30 yards there's a lot you can do with a blade type wedge.

Back