West Side Swing Off: California vs Arizona

Jan 13 & 14 in Palm Springs.

• Total voters
Great weekend. Great to meet some new friends. Thanks @Jtubb17

Another nice day on the course and some cool shots to be had on the course. I played some good golf today and had fun competing with @MagicSpell.

Super weekend arranged by @Jtubb17! Thanks for a very organized event, arranging good courses and getting the lads together! Looking forward to more west coast events!!

Great time this weekend and fun meeting some new THP’ers. Thanks to @Jtubb17 for putting it all together. Fun courses and great company!

I had an absolute blast playing with you guys this weekend. The weather couldn't have been better, the courses were awesome, and the people were fantastic. Great meeting new faces and listening to some great stories. This weekend was exactly what I needed for motivation to get back out there and start playing again. Til next time...

And thanks to @Jtubb17 for setting this up.

Was an absolute blast playing and hanging with some great THPers!
Had a great time today with @tanker337 @echico amd @Jamstar35
@echico was golfing his ball today, especially on the front… was fun to watch!
Thanks to @Jtubb17 and @mtbloco for doing most of the heavy lifting logistics to make it happen! Had a fantastic weekend! Safe travels home everyone !

IMG_8782.jpegIMG_8785.jpegFun weekend guys.

Desert Willows is a great set of courses. Will play again.

Had a great time this weekend! Thanks to @Jtubb17 and @mtbloco and anyone else who helped make it happen. It was great meeting new friends and reconnecting with @Alez367, @kevin81002 and @GolfinWithDad from my SoCal days. Desert Willow featured two really great courses, and we got absolutely perfect weather.

Thanks to @chile and @TahoeDan for keeping the laughs going even when the shots weren't today. We had a fun time out there!

20240114_143134.jpg

It was a great weekend of competition! Here FORE Beer (captained by @Jtubb17) took an early 3-2 lead in the two-man best ball matches on day 1, but Grip & Sip (captained by @mtbloco) stormed back to win 6 of the 10 singles matches on Sunday to eke out an 8-7 victory in the West Side Swing-Off. The Captains' match went Dormie on 17, and @Jtubb17 cemented his reputation as "the JRod of 12 handicaps" with a stellar performance on #18 to deny the half and seal the win.

Desert Willow Golf Resort in Palm Desert, CA is a beautiful venue, and both courses (Firecliff and Mountain View) are great plays. Firecliff was ranked #20 in the "2021 Best Courses You Can Play in California" by Golfweek Magazine. Mountain View provides spectacular views of the San Jacinto Mountains, with snow capped San Jacinto Peak towering at an elevation of 10,834 feet above the Coachella Valley.

Weather was amazing all weekend, the courses were in prime condition, and the THP "Lunatic Fringe" was on full display. The morning range sessions were like a swap meet, with everybody passing their equipment around and getting a chance to try out new things from every OEM under the sun on the range, chipping area and putting green. The action there was almost as hot as it was on the course!

Got back to the house last night and was exhausted. It was a great weekend with good THP'ers. Really enjoyed it and it changed my mind a little about Palm Springs golf. The 4 courses I played I would go play all of them again. I think Mission Hills North will be get better in the next year or so as new ownership is starting to take care of the course again. I had 3 birdies and 1 eagle (sorry @Jamstar35 ) over the weekend. Had some really good food in Palm Springs and perfect weather.

Guys, I had an absolute blast this weekend! Thanks to @Jtubb17 and @mtbloco for getting everything organized. The courses were amazing and the company was even better. Tons of good laughs, along with some good (and not so good) golf made it a weekend to remember!

Match 1 @Jtubb17 wins 2up vs @mtbloco
Match 2 @Time4aBeer vs @BigMac wins 2up

Match 3 @ProV1 vs @jjjgolf500 wins 3&2
Match 4 @sweetnlow vs @Wildcat wins 5&3

Match 5 @tanker337 vs @Stemmy66 wins 1up
Match 6 @Jamstar35 vs @echico wins 5&3

Match 7 @GolfinWithDad wins 4&2 vs @kevin81002
Match 8 @MagicSpell vs @lockstockrye wins 5&3

Match 9 @sourmash wins 6&5 vs @chile
Match 10 @TahoeDan wins 1up vs guest

Grip & Sip win 8-7 over Here FORE Beer
Man it was a great matchup and good come back for Grip & Sip. Looked like a blast!

Somehow got covid over the weekend. So if you were around me and you're not feeling well, you probably want to get tested. I'm blaming the trip to The Nest.
🤣🤣🤣

Somehow got covid over the weekend. So if you were around me and you're not feeling well, you probably want to get tested. I'm blaming the trip to The Nest.
🤣🤣🤣
If that’s the worst thing you catch there, you’re lucky 😂

Took a couple days to recover from this weekend and catch up on chores around the house. Had an absolutely fabulous weekend with some maniacs! Thanks to @Jtubb17 and @mtbloco for heading up the teams! It was good to meet a lot of people and faces to names. @TahoeDan thanks for setting up the AirBnB, the chats and sushi!
Friday at Mission Hills was a great start to the weekend. Whistle Pig with @Jtubb17 and @ProV1 proved to not improve our game but made it a lot of fun!
Saturday partnering with @Jamstar35 and playing with @mtbloco @chile on the FireCliff course was a blast!
Finishing up the weekend on the mountain course playing against @kevin81002 was an awesome round. @MagicSpell was a great cartner and playing with @lockstockrye was so enjoyable!
This is a great group of people and I can’t wait to do it again. So much fun! If anyone is considering going to a regional gathering, do it! You won’t regret it!

Took a couple days to recover from this weekend and catch up on chores around the house. Had an absolutely fabulous weekend with some maniacs! Thanks to @Jtubb17 and @mtbloco for heading up the teams! It was good to meet a lot of people and faces to names. @TahoeDan thanks for setting up the AirBnB, the chats and sushi!
Friday at Mission Hills was a great start to the weekend. Whistle Pig with @Jtubb17 and @ProV1 proved to not improve our game but made it a lot of fun!
Saturday partnering with @Jamstar35 and playing with @mtbloco @chile on the FireCliff course was a blast!
Finishing up the weekend on the mountain course playing against @kevin81002 was an awesome round. @MagicSpell was a great cartner and playing with @lockstockrye was so enjoyable!
This is a great group of people and I can’t wait to do it again. So much fun! If anyone is considering going to a regional gathering, do it! You won’t regret it!

I used to go to HB a lot for surfing and whatnot... Guess I'll be reviving those trips 😉

Regional gatherings are fun but Official THP experiences are the real deal and the best golf events amateurs have access to.

Regional gatherings are fun but Official THP experiences are the real deal and the best golf events amateurs have access to.
And apparently there is only one major.....🙄😂

I used to go to HB a lot for surfing and whatnot... Guess I'll be reviving those trips 😉
Come on down! We can catch some waves and hit the course. Reach out anytime!

Most definitely! Albatross club and enter for your chance to attend an experience.

Agreed! And when we had that discussion, it was pretty cool to see all the different THP Experiences represented by the people who were there:

The Grandaddy
Morgan Cup
Quest Cup
Budget Golf Championship
Ben Hogan Experience
Victory Cup
Bridgestone Golf Championship
Project X Handcrafted Experience

...did I miss any?

Damn Whistle Pig!!!!

Agreed! And when we had that discussion, it was pretty cool to see all the different THP Experiences represented by the people who were there:

The Grandaddy
Morgan Cup
Quest Cup
Budget Golf Championship
Ben Hogan Experience
Victory Cup

...did I miss any?
a few more...

Liita
The Gauntlet
Kickoff Classic
Wilson Staff

The Grandaddy
Morgan Cup
Quest Cup
Budget Golf Championship
Ben Hogan Experience
Victory Cup

...did I miss any?
Shotscope Data Experience upcoming

Back