What’s your golf end game?

I'd like to break 100. And then break it consistently.

I no longer play any type of competitive golf, no club tournaments, no men's/senior league events. So, for me, it is my goal to continue to be able to shoot my age relatively frequently.

I am in my mid 50s (soon to be 57) and recovering my past glory isn't going to be possible.

I would say my goals are to continue to enjoy the game. Improve from my current level. Have fun when I play. Ensure my body will let me play golf in to my 80s.

My end game, is to play or try to enjoy this great game as long as my health will allow it, and my big end game would be to see my 5 year old grandson start playing. Right now his mom takes him to Tiger Woods PopStroke in Fort Myers, and he loves it.

No endgame, but definitely a goal to shoot in the 70's.

More important, to have fun and really enjoy every time I am able to get out.

My ideal "end game" would go something like this...

Stay healthy and intact enough to keep playing 4-5 times a week for the next couple decades.

Some time in my 90's, play a round of golf, come home to take a nap in the recliner afterwards, never wake up.

If that were to happen, golf would have served its purpose for me right up until the end. The goal of life is to live it. The goal of golf is to play it.

Sign me up for this beautiful end... I'll add falling asleep to a golf tournament on the TV.

No real end game. Golf is a mighty passion, and I look forward to continuing to explore different aspects of golf, new courses, new golf friends, etc.. I love to play and enjoy all the different contexts associated with that.

Continue to improve, play more. Trying to get back to a 5hc and break 80 more consistently

I would like to get where I can shoot in the 70's somewhat regularly. I think that's as high a goal as I can achieve. The rest is just gravy, to keep playing great courses with great friends.

Playing in THP experiences has been a goal of mine the last few years as work has not been as crazy. Getting to be a participant in The Grandaddy is something I never expected. Getting into THP events keeps me focused and engaged with the game. I like the competitive side of things and am ramping it up this year, even though my game isn't ready, for a US Mid-Am qualifier and possibly a US Am qualifier event. Don't expect to make it but want to play in a competitive environment.

Goal is to play once a week and practice another day. Doesn't happen every week.

End Game?

Live long enough to play with yet to be born grandchildren. All 3 boys really like golf so I am hoping for the same for their children.

End game? IDK be on a golf course with a club in my hand when I kick the bucket?That’s a long time away hopefully.

My endgame for this season is to shoot even par at my home course.

First and foremost, I want to have fun!

Goal wise I'd love to be a single-digit handicapper consistently, even if that means I'm a 9.9

I basically done trying to get to single digits. Now I'm all about just enjoying the round. Of course I'm still a very competitive person, so that does still come oit from time to time

I'd kill for that kind of distance with the driver at my age!
I'm 63. Usually carry in the 245 -250 area on warm days with no low pressure moving through. But yesterday was a brutal back day, as well as in the low 40s damp and windy.. I went to the range anyhow. Never give up, never give in....

I play for fun. I stopped chasing numbers many years ago.

Having said that, I DO want to be consistent- I practice once in awhile trying fiddle with various things that may, or may not, be what think I need to fix.

My biggest problem is, when playing with my buddies, I don't have to try very hard and I tend to lose focus. Even if we're just playing for after round beers or the annual $20 buddy trip payoff, it's usually over by the first 9 and I ease off a bit. On top of not really needing to stress in the first place. I will almost ALWAYS play better when I go out solo and pair up with strangers. Not necessarily to "show what I can do", but I'm in a different mindset because I'm not 'playing against them' but I'm playing against myself... if that makes sense.

I have checked off a lot of boxes on the goals list, from courses played, scores shot, and a few tournament wins. I would love a hole in one though. Each par 3 brings such hope. Some day...

To enjoy the game and maybe beat @snafu and @NotNowRightNow every once in awhile!
Ideally I would like to get to a 15-18 but I need to get in better shape to do that.

I have reached most of the goals I set when I took up this game 18 years ago. Lost my swing last season, now just working on getting it back.

@bkuehn1952 Remarkable...that gentleman has to be a one off. I'm only 68 and don't play 6000 anymore, lol.

Continue to enjoy myself and introduce the game to my daughter in a fun way to where she will enjoy it as much as I do.

Join LIV

Back