What’s your unicorn club?

Callaway x2 hot pro 4 hybrid. I have had it since the OG Grandaddy, and nothing else has been able to unseat it.

Hilarious! Without hesitation mine would be the Callaway x2 hot 3 hybrid (non pro version). I have tried and tried to replace that beat up thing with other hybrids, driving irons, etc. and nothing comes close to the performance for me. It just fits.

Cobra F8 - 5W.

It’s my go-to club for shots around 200 to 210 yards and is used both off the tee and on approach shots. It’s why I have an F9 - 3W and driver.

Has to be my vokey sm5 60 lately, I have been missing greens all over the place and have made some great shots from in close with my 60.

I don't know if it rises to the level of unicorn, but my Lob Wedge gets me out of more potentially bad situations than I probably deserve. It is my most consistent club. Currently a Ping G30 58° stock from the factory.

Sim Max 3 wood at the moment. It generally always seems to be my fairway wood.

I just know it's going to be long and it's going to be good.

It was my Apex UT 18°, until the face caved in. Now its my X Forged UT 18°, since I've figured out if I just swing it as hard as I can, its longer and straighter than my driver. It took a little while and some tribulations, but now I've got three rounds in the books without pulling driver once.

Titleist 818 H2 19* hybrid.

Never worry when I pull this club, which is why I pull it a lot.

Title says it. What club is your unicorn? That one that just outperforms, consistently performs, is a game changer, or whatever connotation you want to put in there.

Most reliable club in the bag right now is probably the putter, but since that's not sexy enough, I'll say 5wd. The EFSZ head with the HZRDUS Black 85g, 6.5 shaft is the perfect combination of control and distance. I can pound it off the tee 230-240 in calm conditions if necessary, flight it down to hit into the wind, or choke down and cut it into a 200y par 3 if needed. Love this combo.

The matching 3wd is almost as good.

Used to be my G400 max....then I sold it! 😳

Currently is my masters edition Cobra F9 driver. It's the longest and most forgiving driver I've ever played.

Taylormade Hi-Toe Bigfoot 58*. It has saved me so many damn strokes.

I'd have to give the nod to my 53-degree Cleveland Diadic wedge with a raw finish. It's probably 15 years old or more and still has perfect grooves. It's great from 100-115 yards and it's my go to for most greenside chips. It's good for long bunker shots and I love the spin control on approach shots.

Pm grind. It does things, consistently, that I just could not do before.

2019 PM Grind 60*. It's ridiculously versatile for me and has saved my butt in a lot of situations.
^ I'm with these guys - 58° 2019 PM Grind. That thing is freaking magical. "Consistent" and "versatile" are both great descriptors of it.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
My Ping 410 3H. If I have that club in my hand I know the ball flight, the distance & the shot making ability I will receive. Game Changer!

Right now, the best performing (and that's all a bit relative) club in my bag is my Ping G410 hybrids. Putter is a close second....then wedges. My driving/long iron game is so crazy inconsistent...lots of work needed!

my hybrids, i can hit a green from 175-215 with them and when the ball hits it stops within 5'
ive hit my 25* what i call my 5 hybrid which is a 5 iron to me, i hit and stopped it inside 2' plenty of times of its ball mark.
the hybrids is the best golf decision ive ever made.
Hybrids- Titleist 816H1 21* - 23* - 25*

Reading through, I like that people have that club. I tried to fit a club into the "unicorn" category. I can't. They all do what they are supposed to when I do what I am supposed to do. Clubs are generally brilliant. Me, not so much. :p

My Rogue Heavenwood

My 7W is my personal savior on the golf course. I can do so.many things with it. It so playable, that even my putter respects it, since it allows my putter to play so well.

My driver might be the "Big Dog" in my bag, but my 7W is the "Alpha Puppy".

Last edited:
In past years, my old v series HW and TEE Ex 10 Beta 3w.

This year, Mavrik 5H. Great off the tee or deck. Can play it high or low. Fun, easy, and consistent.

Ping Glide 3.0 54* SS.

From 108 in it is my most used club. Full shots, around the greens, in the ****, wherever. And no matter where I am, when it's in my hand I end up inside 15' 3/4 of the time.

Ben Hogan VKTR 18* degree! Great from the tee or fairway!

There is no such thing as a unicorn... club. I have yet to find one.😢

I dunno about Unicorn, but my new G400 5W has certainly been a welcome change off the tee on short par 4's, better than leaving it further back hitting 4i for sure.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

My Taylormade 4H. I can usually count on it to get me out of the trouble I get myself into.

Back