what advantage will you get?

MD177

Reaction score
Handicap
GAM: 18.8
with using Bridgestone E5 Vs. B-330RX Vs. B-330RXS?

my last ball fitting, I was fitted for the E5 but I'm just wondering what advantage does the RX & RXS over the E5. I've been gaming the E5 now for about 3-4 rounds and I'm enjoying the distance off the tee and it's been great around the greens. is the urethane cover on the E5 the same as the RX & RXS?

any help is appreciated. would like to hear anyone that has tried all three balls or at least two.

Thanks

E5 is going to be a bit harder to compress that the RX series, so you could get more or less distance depending on your swing.

RXS should spin more than either of the other two.

Just curious, why if the ball fitting recommended E5 would you worry about the others? Bridgestone knows what they're doing when it comes to fittings. Were all three of these balls available when you had your fitting done?

I just chatted with Bridgestone about this. I've actually used all 3 and gamed the RX for a little while. I have a box of E5's (thank you SPANK!) and I'm in the process of loving them haha.

Hard to say really. I seem to hold the greens with the E5's just as good as the RX's. I'd have to check with my current driver but I might get more distance out of the RX's because I noticed a little loss with the M3/E5 combo. Much different equipment set up now so I'd really have to take a hard look. The rep said depending on swing characteristics I might get a little more distance out of a multilayer ball (RX).

Just curious, why if the ball fitting recommended E5 would you worry about the others? Bridgestone knows what they're doing when it comes to fittings. Were all three of these balls available when you had your fitting done?
curiosity! LoL

I played gamed the RXS before and liked it. gamed the E6 and liked it also. I was gaming the E6 when I got fitted again a few months ago and the rep suggested that I try the E5 since he said I might be over compressing the E6, therefore deforming it too much. not really sure about that since my swing speed is only mid to high 90's. I found the 2010 version E5 on sale for $17.95 a dozen and I bought 3 dozens and was able to use a $10 coupon. so all in all, $46.xx for 3 dozens of 2010 E5 was a great deal. started using them and was surprised that they were able to hold the green as well as the other premium balls I've used (Penta, Z Star Yellow, TP Black).

I just dunno if it's worth paying almost twice as much for the RX or RXS if I can get the same performance out of the E5. I do enjoy the Optic Yellow color from Bridgestone so if I was gonna get the premium balls, I'd get the RX Optic Yellow.

Back