What did you make on your last hole of 2023?

What did you make on your last hole of 2023?

• 1. Birdie or better

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • 2. Easy par

Votes: 31 43.1%
  • 3. Bogey

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • 4. Stupid double

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • 5. Other

Votes: 3 4.2%

• Total voters
Finished with an easy birdie on a par 5. It felt great after the way my golf season was earlier in the year. I’m excited for 2024 golf!

It was my lone birdie of the round. Nice. 😁

Bogey

Smashed a driver but left of fairway and ended up behind a tree and had to take an unplayable. Was pretty unlucky because the hole usually is a launch pad to the right off of the hill. Mine somehow kept going straight.

Birdie on Par 5 18th hole at Kearney Hills GC. Good drive, good 3w, great pitch from 40 yards to 3 feet and made the putt. Wasn’t a great round but 60 degrees in Kentucky at the end of December 🤷🏻‍♂️

Mine was a par on a par 5. From the senior tees it is 460 yards. On in 3, 2 putt par.

Par, number 18 at Volcano Golf Course in Hawaii. 383 yards into the teeth of a 30 mph wind and pouring rain. Driver, 3 W , chip And one putt. End of season.

Par on a par 5
Just missed a 15ft birdie putt

I had to look it up in my stats.......I bogeyed my last hole of the year, a par 5 no less. I had birdied #17, a par 3 over water, but on 18 I hit a poor 3rd shot short of the green,
then hit an even poorer chip, and couldn't hole the putt to save par.....Oh well.....get 'em next year!!

3 putt bogey on the last hole I kept score for. Played a few weeks of 2 man scramble after that.

I ended 2023 with a 9 on a par 4.
Driver down the pipe. Pulled iron gets an awful bounce into greenside bunker (10 ft deep, zero sand in it). Skull over green into trees. Drop into a horrific lie in the weeds. Skull over green onto roof of fitting center. Drop. Miracle flop shot to 10 ft. Lip out the putt. Routine 9.

I'd get upset about it, but when you have an awful swing like mine these things are gonna happen.

Mine was a par with you at Ivy Ridge! I don’t quite remember it but I think we both had some tricky putts because that’s not an easy green

Bogey. Had a bad chunked wedge shot that cost me. But I was out in December, so it's difficult to complain!

Carded a double bogey. Pretty much summed up my game in 2023!

So, I answered 2. Easy par, but it wasn't easy. Never is on that hole.

The finishing hole on that course is a 440-yard par 4 that plays more like a 480-500-yard par 4. The tee shot is uphill against the wind but requires precise positioning. You want to be at the crest of the first hill and in the fairway. That leaves you 180-200 yards to the hole, which is on the top of the next hill, elevated from where you are, against the wind with a deep ravine between you and the green. Anything short of the green will roll down the ravine leaving you 60 yards to go IF you are fortunate enough to have the ball stop before it enters the pond at the bottom of the ravine.

I hit my drive to position 1A. I hit my second shot just a tad thin, so it landed just short of the green, rolling back into the ravine leaving a very steep lie 50-60 yards from the hole. I pitched it to 6 feet beyond the hole and drained the tricky downhill putt for par.

Last edited:
I finished 2023 with 2 scrambles. My last regular round was in November, and I bogeyed the last hole with a 1-up lead against a guy I love to beat; he made par and we broke even...

Teddy KGB.jpg

Bogey, but I’m a pretty high handicap… so Par 🤣

Not an easy par, but it was a par.

Fall winds made the round tricky - holes were either dead into the wind, or directly from behind. On the 18th, we were hitting into the stiff wind.

Par for me on a hole I’ve never had par on before!

I played my last hole in 2023 in a glorious, boring fashion. Fairway, GIR, 2 putt. The book of 2023 closed on a wonderful note!

It was over 2 months ago but I recall it being an easy 2-putt par.

Par on par 5 closing hole. Good drive, surprisingly good 5w, partial wedge was not great leaving me 40 feet out but 2 putt to end the year on a good note.

2 putt Bogey :beat-up:

It was so bad I've mentally blocked it out (foggy feeling it was a double on a short par 3) 🤮

As I recall it was a double, because of a shot I knew I couldn't pull off but tried anyhow because the round meant nothing and carrying the river from there at my age and under those conditions would have been awesome. Almost made it, it hit rip rap on the far bank and bounced back in. The next one that got washed was just plain a lack of concentration and commitment to the shot at hand. I just wanted a hot cup of coffee at that point.

Back