What did you shoot today?

Shot a 77 today after taking a double bogey on hole 1. The greens were recently aerated so putting was tough all day.

5th round in a row breaking 80 and hitting over 65% of GIR so feeling good about my game right now.

39 / 38 / 77

View attachment 8966654
Nice round and playing great. Great recovery after starting with a double.

Shot a rather mediocre 85, while playing from the short tees. Hit 8 greens, 2 birdies, and had about 45 putts. For realz. Could not get up and down, lipped out four times. And the three putts OMFG. Golf is hard today.

Not a good round for me tonight. Couldn’t putt & couldn’t drive the ball. 44, 2/7 FW, 35 putts.

Back from Bandon so decided to throw up the official scores!

Bandon Trails - 88
Old Macdonald - 89
Sheep Ranch - 93
Pacific Dunes - 96
Bandon Dunes - 97

Was pleasantly surprised I was able to keep Pac & Bandon under 100 with the amount of wind blowing. All other rounds played decent with a handful of blow up holes. Managed 3 birdies on the week and returned home with more balls than I thought I would!

10/10 would do again

20201002_140857.jpg
72.8/137/72@6856

I'm so over thegrint having like a stuck-button issue anytime you're in the sand. It did not take me 8 shots. :LOL: It was actually a sweet little sandy for a birdie that I posted live. Anyway..

Best 4 round scoring stretch of my life. Continue to tear the cover off and place it well off the tee, iron game was good with a couple frustrating misses, some very good wedges as usual, with a couple greenside, and made some good putts with the new putter again. Ran completely out of steam at the end of a painfully slow back half, but great weather, good company, and some memorable golf. Time to kick back and let all you crazies play the weekend. My elbow hurts. Where's my cryosleeve!?

43-43 for a hard fought 86. I only hit 8 fairways and 3 greens today. I had no feel for my driver or fwy woods and had to rely on my hybrid and irons to clean up the mess. 31 putts helped the cause and my wedges helped me save the round and eliminate big scores. I did have a birdie so not all bad.

43-43 for a hard fought 86. I only hit 8 fairways and 3 greens today. I had no feel for my driver or fwy woods and had to rely on my hybrid and irons to clean up the mess. 31 putts helped the cause and my wedges helped me save the round and eliminate big scores. I did have a birdie so not all bad.

That's not how birthday rounds are supposed to go! Getting on the course and nabbing the bird is a win though, happy birthday!

Played round 1 of my dads member guest today. First 9 we shot 1 under gross in scramble and second 9 we shot 4 under in best ball. In 2nd heading into tomorrow with alt shot and both balls the formats.

40/38=78 with 33 putts

Played round 1 of my dads member guest today. First 9 we shot 1 under gross in scramble and second 9 we shot 4 under in best ball. In 2nd heading into tomorrow with alt shot and both balls the formats.
Nice!!!!

One over with good iron play mostly from the rough. I was trying a new shaft in my driver and I only hit 1 out 8 fairways with it. It wasn't the shafts fault as my 3 and 4 wood weren't much better with only 3 fairways hit on the day but I scrambled well with 14 GIR. The cold was a bit of a factor as shots were not flying as far with temperatures in the 40's for the entire round. I got a good shot of the Biarritz 11th green, a 225-yard par 3 that they can stretch to 248 off the back tees.

RF583gZdSHizXs8vB6Ao%A.jpg

Sloppy 39 for 9 holes. I struggled to stay focused. Played with a buddy and 2 older guys who were maybe the slowest I have seen to date. So many shots. As a group, we were even warned. One of the pros (a friend) was on ranger duty. He gave me a "help me out" look, and I rolled my eyes and shrugged. This train had one speed. Hit the ball well. Made a couple of longer touch putts. That felt great. 2 birdies. A couple of strange holes including a double bogey after hitting a tee shot 3 hy too far into a creek and then a 9 iron that landed middle of green and bounced 30 yards over and into the worst possible situation. It was like like it hit concrete. As I watched that shot, I was thinking I would have a par save putt. Nope. Gorgeous day.

Sloppy 39 for 9 holes. I struggled to stay focused. Played with a buddy and 2 older guys who were maybe the slowest I have seen to date. So many shots. As a group, we were even warned. One of the pros (a friend) was on ranger duty. He gave me a "help me out" look, and I rolled my eyes and shrugged. This train had one speed. Hit the ball well. Made a couple of longer touch putts. That felt great. 2 birdies. A couple of strange holes including a double bogey after hitting a tee shot 3 hy too far into a creek and then a 9 iron that landed middle of green and bounced 30 yards over and into the worst possible situation. It was like like it hit concrete. As I watched that shot, I was thinking I would have a par save putt. Nope. Gorgeous day.
That's tough. Your expression to the pro is about all you can offer in that situation. At least you got to have some good shots and a beautiful day.

93 with 6 pars, 3 - 7s and an 8.

oof

47 (+10) twice on the front nine. I was squirrelly off the tee all day long and couldn't figure out why.

39 - 39 - 78. The good 2nd 9 holes I played yesterday didn't continue and the mediocrity set back in. 12 pars and 6 bogeys. Yes, no birdies so the streak dies at 77. Lipped out an 18 footer on 1 and never really came close to one after that.

Played 9 in the pouring rain

33 (-2)
3 Birdies and 1 bogey

Actually enjoyed it in the rain, despite it not letting up at all

Picked up where I left off with a 97. I am a rudderless boat in the middle of a hurricane.

But, the fairways...

More than 12.5%, right?
I did raise my fairways hit to 16.7%. Although two of them were really strange push hooks that went 220 and 240. Swing is all sorts of screwed up right now.

I did raise my fairways hit to 16.7%. Although two of them were really strange push hooks that went 220 and 240. Swing is all sorts of screwed up right now.
Those sound like hesitancy mistakes to my totally uninformed ears. Hang in there. Is there anyone you trust to give you some feedback on what's going on with it?

Did you like the feel and sound of the Max?

Played in two scrambled this week. We shot a -13 at one and a -7 at the other but not nearly good enough to win anything.

I did win longest made putt though - 39’ up a massive hill of a 3 tiered green. After all my teammates missed the green entirely I was forced to just play to the middle so we had a putt at it at least. Then I capped it off. Got some gift cards to a grocery store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those sound like hesitancy mistakes to my totally uninformed ears. Hang in there. Is there anyone you trust to give you some feedback on what's going on with it?

Did you like the feel and sound of the Max?
Loved the sound and had a consistent miss. Flushed shots felt great. Wasn’t happy about my distances but I was layered up and it was coooold! I need to get some swings on video and get to work.

Back