What did you shoot today?

43-36 today - tied a personal best. Took My daughter and we played with my dad. So it was a very cool experience for all. First round we did that. My dad got me by 4 but still an epic experience.

My back 9 was just incredible. Bogey 10, 3 straight birdies in 14, 15, 16, a hiccup on 17 (long par 3) that I pulled my tee shot and had 2 bad chips. But then finished with a routine par on 18. It was remarkable. I can’t say I remember ever nailing 3 straight birdies and these were gimme birds under 1’. So next week I’ll shoot a 105 because that’s golf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Went back out with my wife on a short nine hole course and shot +2 with two re-tees. Perhaps the lesson is starting to click.

Last 7 rounds for me on all new to me courses in Montana and Minnesota, 85/89/88/86/93/90 and a rained out 47 thru 11.
The best part is these rounds where all with THPers so even though the golf wasn't the best the company was for sure.
HC did not travel well at all, but beautiful and challenging amazing courses. First 3 in scores in Montana at elevation was definitely different and hard. Next 3 1/2 in MN where all different styles, and 36 in one day was a bit much for sure. Haven't done that in forever.
What courses did you play in MN?

Shot a 38-48-76 with 4 bogies and the rest pars. My putting just isn’t doing it right now. But my ball striking with my irons is out of this world right now. So no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 - only played 9, but was a pretty solid 9. Had one birdie and some doubles. Made some solid shots and one 260 yard drive straight down the pike with my Radspeed that felt SOOOOOO good because no one was close :cool:, then 100 yards in to the green with a gap wedge and put it about 6 feet from the pin, but missed the dang birdie by a razor's edge. Had to shoot 3 layups that added to the score too.

46/52 for a 98 with the AZ THP gang. Wasted so many good drives with crap second shots that left me in bad places or resulted in penalty strokes. 9/14 FW, 4/18 GIR and 40 putts, those greens chewed me up and spit me out.

42/35, 77 total. Six birdies to along with 3 double bogeys. Great, strange round.

Back at it again... First 18 was a struggle off the tee box but managed to break 90 at Dennison and the second @8 was rough with the extreme hear and leaking oil from previous golf rounds... 47/48 for 95... Virtues is always tough.

Shot 38-46 for a disappointing 84. I blame the guy keeping score in our foursome who told me my score after 9 :D

41/45. Played the back first, re-tee on 16 and managed a double. Re-tee on 3 and take a a triple. Got treed on 6 by the tree I always catch where the tee box is wider than the opening. Then ended up in yet another area not marked ground under repair that should have been. Ended up taking 2nd in my flight, losing by 1. Got a skin for a birdie on 12. Putted really well again, the greens are the best they've ever been. They're closing the course for three days to punch them.

Last edited:
42 out / 47 in for a 89. Driver was almost perfect, had 2 bad breaks on holes and ended up with doubles and could have easily had par. Putting was off a little today, happy with 89 as we had light rain off and on thru the round.

Played the Battlefield Golf Course in Chesapeake Va. today with my son and a young couple that the starter paired us up with and they were a joy to play with. I played my usual bipolar game for 12 holes which has been pretty much the usual for me since my wrist surgeries. I've had a fear of hitting the turf with my iron since the surgeries and it's been really ugly. I played to a 47 front. I was going to hop off after 9 and call it quits because I was playing so badly and I'm still aching from my 2nd Covid shot on Friday, but my son kept saying C'mon ole man

The back nine started as ugly as the front with a triple on 10 and a double on 11. I found a ball in the rough in between the 11th green and the 12th tee and smashed it into the lake with a wedge without thinking and found that my wrist felt great afterwards.

Flip the switch.

I went down after every iron and wedge shot after that.

I had a birdie putt on every hole from 12 to 18, including 3 putts on a eagle opportunity when I left myself on the high side of the hole with a very fast putt.

My son even stopped playing because he was into watching me play.

Missed just right on a 9 foot putt on the 18th.

The best 84 I can remember in my life and my son was beside himself. There used to be days when I would sulk after a 84. ;)

Attachments

• Back 9.JPG
    Back 9.JPG
    90.9 KB · Views: 5
Played the Battlefield Golf Course in Chesapeake Va. today with my son and a young couple that the starter paired us up with and they were a joy to play with. I played my usual bipolar game for 12 holes which has been pretty much the usual for me since my wrist surgeries. I've had a fear of hitting the turf with my iron since the surgeries and it's been really ugly. I played to a 47 front. I was going to hop off after 9 and call it quits because I was playing so badly and I'm still aching from my 2nd Covid shot on Friday, but my son kept saying C'mon ole man

The back nine started as ugly as the front with a triple on 10 and a double on 11. I found a ball in the rough in between the 11th green and the 12th tee and smashed it into the lake with a wedge without thinking and found that my wrist felt great afterwards.

Flip the switch.

I went down after every iron and wedge shot after that.

I had a birdie putt on every hole from 12 to 18, including 3 putts on a eagle opportunity when I left myself on the high side of the hole with a very fast putt.

My son even stopped playing because he was into watching me play.

Missed just right on a 9 foot putt on the 18th.

The best 84 I can remember in my life and my son was beside himself. There used to be days when I would sulk after a 84. ;)

41 and 40 to shoot a 9 over 81. Leaking stuff a little right, but overall, a pretty solid round for me today.

18 this morning ... Tees off at 6:40 and gives a whole new meaning to dew sweeping. Lost the driver because of a swing and combined with deep rough 47. Came back with a fresh mindset and shot 40 for an 87

81, 39 (+4) on the front. Slow play dogged us on the back nine, as seems to be the pattern. 1:30 front, 2:45+ back. Ouch! Kills my game everytime.
Course is about 10 days out from green aeration, so a few bumpy putts the would likely have fallen, didn't.
Hit my irons better than I have in months, which was nice.

46/50 for a 96 at the crossings at Carlsbad. First time playing the course and it’s awesome, some massive elevation changes. Could have gone much lower if not for bad putting and some blow up shots.

Hit 56% of fairways which is a record for me by a lot and hit irons and hybrids great. A few really bad putts cost me early on wet greens. Most frustrating is I had some terrible wedge shots which is normally the best pet of my game. One one hole I bombed a drive 305 and had 90 in to the pin. Tried to hit a 3/4 sand wedge and shanked it straight OB right and finished the hole with a triple. Overall pretty happy with the ball striking and my second round in a row with really good chipping.

Shot 40/37-77 at Aspen Muni today. Hit it pretty well, but missed many good looks at birdie. A few good rips went a bit too far and ended up in trouble. Round could have been better, but it is what it is. Im ok with it

Walked 9 and got a 44, overall fairly consistent today. Humidity was the worse part.

Downright awful. Just could not get off the tee.

84. Hit a lot of good shots and putted lights out but stupid blow up holes did me in.

Yesterday...6 straight pars, a bird and two bogies for a one over 37 on the front. Off the rails on the back and ended up with 79. I really hate rounds where the back 9 is much worse than the front!

Back