What did you shoot today?

Finally got out to play but only went for 9 holes as we have had so much rain here in NE Ohio. I got to use my LAD DF3 putter for the 1st time as actually I was expecting more out of it but I was pleased with 16 putts. Greens are slow as I had 7 birdie putts but only made 2 for 9 holes. They were for 12 and 15 ft. putts as I just wanted to drain all 7 as my confidence level was pretty high as they were directly right on line just came up short 2" Iron game was sharp as I had 2 bad holes which one I hit OB which should never have happened. Triple boogie ouch but I shot a 39 which I'm OK with but it could have been so much better. Maybe next time

I shot 41-38-79 today at Riverby Hills in Bowling Green, OH this morning. A little breezy, but a good day to play otherwise. Riverby is a little hillier than most of the courses around here, so part of the challenge is walking and pushing the cart up and down those hills. Chipped in for a birdie, hit 7 greens, 32 putts. Hit the ball more solidly than I have all spring....

1713310372223.png

1-under 70. I played from the 6,300-yard tees, which is comfortable for this old but well taken care of 67-year-old body. One of these days I'm going to shoot my age.

Got an out of the blue invite to play and luckily had my clubs with me. Very happy with a 43/40 for an 83

Got an out of the blue invite to play and luckily had my clubs with me. Very happy with a 43/40 for an 83
Don't you love it when that happens?

Don't you love it when that happens?
It’s the best!

“Hey by chance do you have your clubs?”

Yeah why?

“Good, tee time in 10 minutes”

45/42 for an 87 today. I didn't have my best game, and our greenskeeper must've gotten shut out at home last night and been in a bad mood when he set the pins this morning - he had some evil nasty, pin placements. 11/14 FW, 4/18 GIR, 35 putts with three 3-putts.

It was an amazing day, though - weather was perfect, the course was wide open in front of us and we finished in 2:58.

Two week layoff so wasn’t expecting much and that’s what I got lol. Shot 38/42 for an 80 at 6375 yards.

29 putts
33% GIR
57% Fairways

9 pars
7 bogies
1 double bogey
1 birdie

41/42 = 82
Couldn't buy a putt today, missed a few short par savers. Total 35 putts was 3 above my average.
Hit the irons OK, if I missed teh green, I was on the collar.
1 Penalty ball....

75 with 5 birdies. Scores on the 3 holes where I hit it into greenside bunkers: triple, double, bogey. My bunker game is horrendous...

+12 82. My best round yet since starting back playing again. Hitting the ball generally pretty well, but did mix in a few bad swings. Found three hazards, and had four 3 putts. But also had two birdies. Feels like progress.

47 at the home course.
Really really good ball striking day. Just really bad decision making at times. Got paired up with a retired couple and had a blast.

Played with 2 very very good golfers today. One guy used to play on KF and the other guy is a 26 yo dude trying to Monday Q into the Nelson that has played in the US Am, British Am, and several DP Tour events. Needless to say I was trying to keep up with them with driver and it was a disaster. I shot a 43 on the front and then just figured I would play my own game and shot a 36 on the back for a 43-36-79. It was amazing seeing how good someone can be at golf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

83 (11.6 differential). I was just a bit off today, when balls lip out instead of lip in and bounce left into the bunker rather than find the fringe. At least I got some exercise walking the 5+ miles.
We all have days like that.

Played a late afternoon 9 at our new home course for the first time today. Course conditions are great. I shot a 49. Struggled to get used to the greens.

First round of the official season is in the books. Hit with rain and wind early but it ended up being a real nice day.

42/36-78 and if I could make a birdie putt it would have been much lower on the back. Happy for the start!

48/38 with 2 birdies on the back 9. Can’t explained what happened. The trash swing became a golf swing. The front required 2 putts dropping from 20 feet or more to avoid shooting a 50

80 today. Went up north and played with @Tenputt. Glad we made it happen.

Hit a great drive on one and then didn’t drive well after that. Irons and putter were good though.

Back