What did you shoot today?

Shot a 75 today. 38 on the front ( 3 bogeys, 1 birdie ) and 37 on the back ( 1 birdie, 1 double bogey on the last hole :( ). Tough putting day. Had the opportunities to go low but had a case of the lipped putts. 3 of them in fact.

A pretty stress-free 81 this morning. Nothing flashy, nothing frustrating. Only downside was my birdie streak came to an end.

79 today. Another struggle fest. Had some bad breaks at times when I could have turned the round into something good. Need to get to the range and work on stuff.

A mediocre 95 in a league tourney. It was so hot it was brutal and it was hard to stay in it at all. I was struggling to make anything happen worthwhile. It was one of those games where you are hoping it will end soon about the 13th hole. :ROFLMAO:

Had a putter meltdown for an adjusted 90.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44/42 for an 86 today. 11/14 fairways and only 5 GIR with 35 putts. I hit my irons pretty good and while the gir doesn’t show, they ended up in ok spots to recover. I’ve worked hard to get better contact with irons and it’s starting to show. Putting was really good also. A lot of my first putts were burning edges so I’m really happy with that part of my game. Overall about as good as it gets for not practicing or playing regularly

103 with two 11’s today. And I played every bit as bad as that sounds.

38 - 38 - 76. 2 birdies, 10 pars, 6 bogeys and 5 lip outs.

Backed up to the Blues tonight, because I've grown tired of teeing off with a 6-iron on #2 and having a half-wedge between my GW and 52*.

1630198233933.png

Best 9 of the year, so far. :confused2:

I hit 4/7 fairways, but there were not really any spectacular tee shots, except for the one leading to the birdie on #7.

The Supernova was on fire tonight. Maybe I've figured out the longer putts with it now.

This Arccos summary is a crap graphic, because it's only accounting for 9 holes, but it sure looks good!

1630198862272.png

Last edited:
Sort of a non-descript round. 5 over 76. Two birdies on the back. I have lost a lot of swing speed this year and I am not sure that I can get it back. I have had a couple of blips where it seemed there, but I am starting to come to the potential sad reality that age is catching up and I might have to accept that I am not going to be able to improve anymore.

882FC3AA-4FC6-49A2-A9C7-E46C274F7189.jpeg

One over 73 today. An eagle on #4, birdies on 13, 15, and 16. Double bogey on 17. Played The Tribute Golf Club, a links style course.

82 yesterday. 41-41, with 3 birdies...including the 18th. Was a nice way to finish. Throw in a few double bogeys on a course we've never played. Was a nice day of golf with my son!

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

50/38-88 in my most bipolar round of the year. Two birdies on the back nine and really made the most of my chances. Course was so bad I will never play there again.
0211CDFB-9666-4443-A0D5-A0BD707CE941.jpeg

Played in Utah, above Salt Lake City, on two courses I had never played with very fast greens. Mixed up the tees to play about 6500 yrds

Talons Cover is links-style, Eaglewood was more parkland. Eaglewood is tight at times. Not a good result on either course and terrible putting. Line was good but when the putt keeps going downhill when you didn't give it much of a stroke ... more like a tap ... that's very different from DFW public courses. Shot 91, then 89. Disappointing and lost some balls - penalties galore. But with no humidity, it still felt good out there, even in the 90s and with the California smoke.

Third course I played was Hubbard at Hill AFB and the greens were perfect in terms of roll, but still ... very fast. I finally began to pick up speed and did not give up as many shots except on the putting surface. Shot an 81(43/38) on a 6450 yd course. Interesting was the Stealth Fighters overhead doing some acrobatic maneuvers, which distracted for 3 holes on the front - Loud crackles when the afterburners kicked in. Everyone stopped play to watch.

Last edited:
50/38-88 in my most bipolar round of the year. Two birdies on the back nine and really made the most of my chances. Course was so bad I will never play there again.
View attachment 9025001

Let us know which course, for all our sakes? Lol

Played in Utah, above Salt Lake City, on two courses I had never played with very fast greens. Mixed up the tees to play about 6500 yrds

Talons Cover is links-style, Eaglewood was more parkland. Eaglewood is tight at times. Not a good result on either course and terrible putting. Line was good but when the putt keeps going downhill when you didn't give it much of a stroke ... more like a tap ... that's very different from DFW public courses. Shot 91, then 89. Disappointing and lost some balls - penalties galore. But with no humidity, it still felt good out there, even in the 90s and with the California smoke.

Third course I played was Hubbard at Hill AFB and the greens were perfect in terms of roll, but still ... very fast. I finally began to pick up speed and did not give up as many shots except on the putting surface. Shot an 81(43/38) on a 6450 yd course. Interesting was the Stealth Fighters overhead doing some acrobatic maneuvers, which distracted for 3 holes on the front - Loud when the afterburners kicked in. Everyone stopped play to watch.

I played Talons Cove a few times when I used to live out there. I remember really enjoying that track and it was in great shape. Hopefully they've kept in up in the 9 years since I played it.

Best round of the year so far today, and tied my PB for a par 72. 38/38 = 76 with 4 birdies, which is most in a round for me. And no 3 putts! Had a couple sloppy shots which could have drove it even lower, but the wedges and putting were finally feeling like they were starting to click so I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth!

Screenshot_20210829-143032.png

Last edited:
Par Line golf course in Elizabethtown. It was in bad shape last year, but I said I’d give them another chance. They got it and never again.

I played Talons Cove a few times when I used to live out there. I remember really enjoying that track and it was in great shape. Hopefully they've kept in up in the 9 years since I played it.

Greens were good - better if golfers would repair ball marks. I was repairing about 3 marks on almost every hole at both Talons Cove and Eaglewood. My son and his bud were saying that Utah golfers are typically rude and slow. I saw slow a couple of times, playing on the green but we finished all rounds in under 4:30 - I like 3:30-4:15 on the weekend, so this was slowish for a weekday, but not terrible.

40/40=80 10FIR 6GIR and 31 putts. Driver was pretty good but could be better. My irons where not good today and I need to either find them or maybe get something with a bit more forgiveness.

A round of sh**ks and missed putts. Scored way better than I played!
E264C1FA-729F-4362-A717-21E4BC1B68C1.jpeg

Back