What did you shoot today?

41 in league tonight with my first ever eagle. Best round so far. For the eagle, I holed the second shot from just under 100 yards. Didn't see it go in, so after looking short and long one of the other guys found it in the hole.

Playing with the missus on her last weekday of summer before teacher meetings start, shot a career low! Beautiful 79 degree day with low humidity. Played well Thursday, horribly on Saturday, and was just grateful to have one more round with her during the week. Perhaps I was just focused on having fun. I have my Arccos hide my score in play. Happy to say I broke par for the first time today!

I shot an even par 4 on the first hole, before running into the back side of league and walked back to the range and practice green :). Still really enjoyed my evening.

46-45 for a very nice 91. Had a chance to break 90 on the last hole but hit my tee shot OOB ☹️. Overall just a great day - only a few bad shots here or there.

Shot of the day was on the par 4 4th. Bad tee shot OOB has my hitting my third from 200 yards out, but a good swing with my 4h from the rough gets me to about 15 ft off the green and about 40 ft from the pin. Step up to chip…and it lands, rolls, hits the pin and drops for a par!

40......Got out at 6:30am this morning.....played a quick 9 but had to substitute a couple holes from the back nine to allow the greens crew to cut new pins on a couple holes.

Solid iron play, decent putting and get this.......decent course management decisions.......say what?!!!

There has been a hole that has caused me trouble as it is a thin but wide green protected by a decent sized pond in front.......the hole is not long at maybe 300-320yds......but I was going 5 iron off the tee and that was leaving me with a partial wedge from wet fairway or rough and that made Mr Pond my landing zone more than I would like. I executed a better plan today, tees were back a bit.......played a 7 iron of ~180 off the tee then a solid wet cold morning 9 iron to 8' from the pin.......I wanted a full swing from the short stuff vs. bringing the wet cabbage into play if I got closer.

I also dropped a nice birdie on 9....... 3iron tee shot left me with a nice easy 9 iron to about 6'....dropped the putt......that was nice.....always nice to erase a stroke vs. par from the card.....

Last edited:
Weekend recap:

Friday - 41/39 for my Club Championship qualifying round. My swing finally "clicked" a bit, but afraid it happened two days too early. Oh well.

Sunday - Qualifying round score put me top of B flight for the Club Championship. Odd number of players put me in a playing group with the A-flight crew. Topped my first drive 32 feet and things went from there. Ended with a 50/42. I was far from the only one to struggle Sunday, but I was the only one I was concerned with. Oh well, hopefully I'll get another shot next year.

Interesting morning for me. I at the course early with my practice bag. The guy I know who runs the place, saw me, and asked I wanted to play the back 9 with him. He's thinking of opening up the back 9 for walk on single walkers as a fall/winter promotion. He wants to see if it's feasible, with maintenance crews working the back end.

So I'm looking at my practice bag with 3-5-7 woods, 8i, 48* wedge, 52* wedge, 65* wedge, and a putter with a loose shaft.

I figured why not. I'm not going to turn down 9 free holes of golf.

Wound up shooting a 41, with 16 putts. My partner shot his usual 38.

Here's another kicker. My 3-7 woods were Warrior Clubs, in like new condition. The only marks on them were left over synthetic turf melted on the soles.

Now I know Warrior Clubs are not a stable brand name, but they are decent brand for beginners, on a shoe string budget.

I'm calling it luck, but I hit these 3 clubs as well as anything I've ever hit. 190+/-, 170+/- , and 150 +/- yards. I even had a couple 200+ yard drives with the 3.

I hadn't even removed the $6 price tags off the face of the clubs, which showed where the ball was contacting the face. Pretty much dead center on all 3.

I bought these 3 clubs to give to the highschool coach for some of his younger players.

The only knock I have with them is I'm not sure they are not hybrids, due to the smaller heads than I'm use to.

Shot 38/39 for a 77. Missed a few birdie putts but otherwise a solid round…for me, boring golf is good golf lol.

6 bogies
11 pars
1 birdie

42/38 for an 80. Pretty erratic ball striking day, but I was able to scramble enough to salvage it most of the time.

Weird game this golf

i said i would not post another pitch and putt score but i had to

Normally i`m at the course no later than 0730 byt today i had some spare time after lunch so i chucked 6,8,10 iron ( is the 10 a pitching wedge) and a putter in my carry bag and set off

with a bit of luck and good shots and putts i parred the first 3 holes (yes you may say, so you should but................)

4th was a bogey , 5th ,i chipped in for a bird , 6th was another par i missed green but what a chip !!!!! short putt

7th 8th and 9th are all over 100 yds if direction is off you hit a tree or branches

7th ........bogey, tee shot off center

8th ........par , 2ft short of green with tee shot great chip leaving a short putt

9th the longest hole approx 130 yds , tee shot perfect and straight and bounce was kind ,ball was on green by 3inch, first time i got the ball on the green on this hole ever
two putts for a great par

everything i touched for these 9 holes turned to gold

most of the time now i couldn`t hit a barn door if i was holding the bloody handle:ROFLMAO:

Course was dead cause of heat, got to play 9 with the head pro, we both shot even. Played 9 in 45 minutes! Was a great time

44/44 for 88 tonight at Riviera CC tonight. Course as usual was in amazing shape. Fast greens and smooth fairways. I just could not hit any irons well at all today. And the penalty strokes killed me as well. But this place is so fun and tough that its great to go back and do better next time.

IMG_7171.jpeg

First one out at Windmill yesterday. Course played heavy because of the overnight rain but I was really pleased with my score. Driver was good for me after a tweak from my GolfTec lesson. Got around in 2 hours 35 minutes and I wasn't exactly running out there.

1692966816499.png

I am pounding the ball right now
IMG_5062.jpeg
wedges were on fire

83 that felt like 95 while it was 104*.
Still struggling with my iron play and tempo.
Not helped by the rando pairing with the chain smoking new golfer who hadn’t a clue as to golf etiquette. My rando luck continues to be pretty bad.
Other rando was cool, but got a bit po’d after awhile.
Parkinson’s is robbing me of any speed through the ball lately.

Last edited:
The tale of two nines today. 44+54=98. Yikes. I think the heat played a part.

First one out at Windmill yesterday. Course played heavy because of the overnight rain but I was really pleased with my score. Driver was good for me after a tweak from my GolfTec lesson. Got around in 2 hours 35 minutes and I wasn't exactly running out there.

View attachment 9200972
Great round, Matt ;)

Played OK today. Shot a 39-37-76 with 1 birdie and 5 bogies. The new putter is working pretty well. Just need to learn to read putts better. I had 9 putts I re-hit after missing them and I made every single one of them. So it is obvious I have no issues with my putting stroke. I just can’t read greens.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

41/41 for an 82. Short game helped atone for a mediocre day off the tees. 1 birdie, 7 pars, 8 bogeys, 2 doubles.

Shot a 92 from the tips on a 7300+ yd course. Had a 43 on the front with 5 pars and a couple bad holes. Fell apart a bit on the back when the heat was really wearing me down. I didn't feel like I played all that well, but my score was a net -6, so I guess I was hitting it decent. Need to tidy up some things and should be able to score much lower.

Got out in the "feels like 109" heat tonight and played 9 holes. Shot 38. Easy and short course, but I'm still happy with the score.

Can't wait for Sunday when the heat breaks.

47/45 ... I'm just not good at golf anymore! driver sucks sooo bad... I cannot consistently find my driver swing... not sure what is going on

47/45 ... I'm just not good at golf anymore! driver sucks sooo bad... I cannot consistently find my driver swing... not sure what is going on.... range is beautiful... course disappears

Back