What did you shoot today?

Back to back 94s. From 5900 and 6300. The round today dropped my index to 20.1.

Screenshot_20210528-114327_TheGrint.jpg

Got out ahead of most of the crazy weekenders and had a little fun. Started off really well in CPO with borderline standing water everywhere. Irons were a tad strong, but driver was on automatic. When I realized how well I was scoring I tried to take it a little less seriously and it was good. Also got paired with a couple older guys, and one of them knew my Pops, so that was a nice memorial gift. Tried to lighten up the approach and have some fun with them. Put me in a couple interesting spots, and when I tried to put the pedal back down the conditions made it pretty challenging.

ZX7 were great in the turf, but bombed 2 a bit, in an unexpected way. Really screwed me once. Tees were up on 10, so my normal crushed drive over the hill to the blind landing put me in the **** today. Need to remember that. Driver was good though. TSi3 9* + 5g, Ventus Black 6X, +7g grip has been MONEY since it was forced into duty. Just pounding it. Flight is really strong.

Got some good practice in for attempting the ridiculous and will try to put it to use this weekend and wow the wife's family where I can.

Found my swing today on the back nine and It realty felt good to be able to strike the ball well again. Had 4 lip outs on the back despite hitting the ball so well. Ended up in the low 80's despite the putting woes. :)

40/39 for a 79. I wasn't really hitting fairways (4/12) or GIRs (4/18), but I was scrambling like a madman and putting my butt off! (27 putts, no 3 putts). 2 birdies, 7 pars, 9 bogeys, no "others".

Starting to get toasty in the Southwest - it was in the mid-80s when we teed off at 8:00 am, mid-90s when we finished at around 11:30.

Last edited:
39,36 = 75 Bethpage Red Today, 7075 Yard Par 70, a bit windy today. Only one birdie, and had some good chances. I am blaming a few too many drinks last night on that. New York City Amatuer this weekend, weather forecast is rain all day both days.

39/38 for a 77 (net 68), and won 3 skins. 6/12 FW, 9/18 GIR, 31 putts with no 3 jacks. 3 birdies, 8 pars, 6 bogeys and 1 double.

38 - 37 - 75. 3 birdies, 9 pars and 6 bogeys.

45/43-88 with 8 pars and a birdie... just one of those days. Decent short game and putter remained hot with 27 putts.
A156E5A7-F4EE-4938-98A2-94097F1C3F34.jpeg

I had another down and up kind of round today. The first five or six holes it was raining and cold, tough to get going. After that it warmed up and things started to come around. I did not hit any irons real well all day, driving was ok, putting better. It was 46* and significantly warmer when I finished. Must have been 38-40* and raining at the beginning because my fingers in the right hand were numb the first four holes, which led to some poor doubles.
621095E6-4612-4B29-937B-3D7A53E01169.jpeg

Today started off par or nothing. Doubled 2, 3 & 4 to shoot 6 over on the front. Then added three bogeys and another double on the back. 83 feeling like trash is respectable considering what I was doing just a couple months ago.

I'm still scratching my head over this morning's round. We had seven guys, so we went four and three - I was in the four to start. Was 5 over through 11 holes. One of the three quit after nine, and they caught us on 11 tee, so I said I'd drop back and make it three and three. In the next four holes I was double, triple, par and double to balloon 7 strokes away.:oops: Got it back on 16 and parred in to finish with an 84. I don't know why it happened, but it did. That's golf I guess:confused:

40/42 with 3 birdies and 2 doubles. Putter is on fire lately. Iron play is improving but ball striking needs a tweak or two.

Really windy and blustery front 9 led to some unlucky bounces for 44. Wind died down and tide turned for 37 on the back.

38/40=78 13/14 FIR 9/18 GIR and 34 putts. Failed to get up and down 7of the 9 times I missed the green and need to work on that.

42/38 for 80 with 3 birdies. I finished birdie birdie. Left 2 others less than an inch short. A few bad bounces on the first 2 holes cost me but I settled In. I did get a few favorable bounces on the back 9 though. Fun day playing golf with @AzGolfer and his wife. Beautiful day out right at 100 degrees with a nice breeze lol.
37BB2D78-D67C-4AFC-9047-DDB66BF57453.jpeg

9 holes, +6

6 pars, 1 bogey, 2 others. 6 GIRs, no birdies. So close to being good.

98 today (50/48). Was happy today in general with my game. Shot an 8 on the 18th so could have been so much better. Best shot easily was 163 yards on a par 3, pin high and 2ft from the hole.
Couldn’t get the driver working all day (might have to have a lesson).

Personal best 40/36-76 today! My best round in the last 8 years by 5 strokes! Just a ridiculously solid all-around game. 3 birdies, 7 bogeys, and the rest pars.
B7F2B236-AA12-4882-98AD-8AF88FBF13FD.jpeg

Played a very hot round in Palm Springs at the S Club on Friday. Posted a 78

39/42. Really good day with the driver and the putter is starting to come around. Trying to stand slightly taller when putting and it seems to be helping me find the centre of the face more often.

38/39 with a bogey on 17 and double on 18. :eek: 1 birdie. Overall, just a solid round of golf. Driver was better than average all day until 18. I hit it in the hazard. Found the ball but had to pull it out. Our hardest hole is a 440 yard par 4. Bogey is a reasonable score. Drained a nice 25-footer for birdie. That doesn't happen often.

84 and 83 on vacation this past week on my first ever rounds at Wild Dunes Links and Harbor, respectively. At Links I started beautifully with a couple birds and was even par through the first 5 or 6 holes, then had a couple shoddy drives that led to two triples and it was all mediocrity from there. At Harbor I had 2 birds as well but had too many doubles from a bunch of lost balls (course eats balls). Overall not bad but not great. Really neat courses though!

Back