What do you look for in a bag

Scrap Iron

On The Eh Team
Reaction score
Handicap
Hero Shots
Golf bags have come a long way in the last few years. Between the variety of divider systems cooler pockets and even removable pockets.

What are your must haves when buying a new bag and what are you using.

It has to look cool first and foremost then a lot of room for accessories. An umbrella holder is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, it has to be a style I like and the one 'must have' for me are full length, 14-way dividers. That pretty much limits my bags to Sun Mountain or Nike (RIP) but I can't game anything else.

14 way divider and has to match at least one club (preferably more) in the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love the 14 divider and lots of pockets. I like each thing to have it's own "home". Ball in 1 pockets, tees in another, my wallet and phone in another, etc. I also like it to have a large pocket where can store a lightweight pullover and an insulated pocket to keep my beverages cold. I love the Ogio silencer technology in my bag so that the clubs don't chatter. I also prefer my bag to be lightweight

I'm in a staff bag only grove right now and I don't know why, normally i look for room/light weight and how comfortable it is when I carry the bag.

To be honest I don't really look for anything except how a bag looks. If I like the looks that's 1st. Then has to have some pockets for my junk... but most any bag is OK with me if I like the look of it.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

For stand bags, I like a stable base and good legs that stay retracted when I'm carrying. I've never been a 14-way divider guy. I like the little mesh pocket in the Callaway HL5 ball pocket, it keeps my divot tools and markers in place and helps with organization.

1. Stand bag
2. Does it match my headcovers
3. Non OEM

Stand bag is a must.

Easy to organize, and must be easy to pull clubs without grips getting tangled.

I've got to be able to load my bag in a way that irons are separated by long/mid/ short then wedges.

Woode top first and foremost, then a decent number if pockets but not too heavy.

Looks first then functionality

14 Slots, enough pockets, a sturdy stand, and not too heavy.

14 way divider,style and stand bag.

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Surprised with so many people who like the full length 14 dividers. I'm a big fan of a 6 or 7 way myself but it has to look good first and foremost.

I wish all the pockets are designed on one side .... designed for easy to reach.

I just got rid of my OGIO because I'm tired of my clubs getting stuck in the bag or difficult to put them in. Just purchased a nexus bag and hopefully that solves the issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

First and foremost for me is to have the irons locked into place so as not to clang together. Used to be because I'd rotate sets often enough that I wanted to keep them in the best possible condition wrt resale without the hassle of iron covers.

Now, I just prefer the silence. Still like to keep my irons looking largely unscathed though, weird quirk of mine.

Found the Bennington Quiet Organizer to offer the best ease of use in this regard. Early carry bag that I have is not light enough for extended carry but works well on the pushcart. Cart bag is excellent but zippers starting to wear after years of use.

I like a simple & clean looking bag that isn't lettered up.

I don't necessarily enjoy being a walking billboard for some OEM.

Back