What do you look for in a Fairway Wood?

The look at address is key, feel and distance. I like the club to look low to the ground.

One that can be hit effortlessly off the deck with high launch and boring ball flight. Smaller profile head would be nice.

Confidence. My 15* TEE Trilogy ticks all the boxes, and gives me exactly what I'm looking for ... on the range. Put me in the middle of the fairway looking at a potential eagle putt, however, and I'll duff it half the time.

Picked up a GBB Heavenwood (7 w 20.5 degree loft) and a Cobra King f7 7/8 wood set to 24.5 degree.

Not a long hitter. Looking for something to use between my 6 iron and driver.

Love these woods. They are my go to clubs. Keeps me straight and on the short grass

Loft helps my s----y game

A compact looking head with a face that sets up square(not closed). My XR16 Pro 4 woods is perfect. In fact I have 3 of them just in case one gets damaged. I’ve tried all the newer stuff such as the Epic and Rogue and none of them suit my eye as well.

Straight shots .

I look for launch and spin in the 3 and 4 woods for ease off the deck. I need spin from lower lofts. I also like the 5 wood to get high.
medium depth face - for use off tee.
soft feel, solid sound
good turf interaction
not too big or small - medium forgiveness
Face Cup technology
Ball Speed for off-center hits

Then there is shaft length, shaft weight, kickpoint, and swingweight....

Back