What Does the LPGA Need?

Talking to the guys I play golf with regularly - we are all golf addicts just scratching out a living with some young families and the consensus is that we only have so many hours to spend watching golf, and we prefer to spend it watching the PGA Tour. It's just that simple I think.

I still find watching the LPGA more interesting and relatable than watching the PGA. I can relate to the distances the ladies hit their clubs unlike the men on the PGA Tour. Turning into the WGC this weekend never even crossed my mind but I watched the majority of the Evian coverage this weekend and enjoyed it. Same will go for next weekend when the ladies have their British Open.

They definitely didn't need today's news involving Lexi Thompson and her passport.

Talking to the guys I play golf with regularly - we are all golf addicts just scratching out a living with some young families and the consensus is that we only have so many hours to spend watching golf, and we prefer to spend it watching the PGA Tour. It's just that simple I think.

This is exactly why the web.com/korn-ferry, Champions , and LPGA Tour have always struggled to attract galleries and, or, t.v. viewers.
Spectators have limited time to watch golf, and what time they do have goes to the PGA Tour play. Even the PGA Tour often struggles to attract galleries and t.v. viewers.

They definitely didn't need today's news involving Lexi Thompson and her passport.

At least they put an end to the caddy-helping-line-up-every-shot nonsense.

Goodness was that an embarrassment that was.

Time on network television.

Back