What I have learned

annsguy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My3Kids
I love hanging out at THP. never more than during this situation. I normally travel the South in sales but like you I am anchored at home and find myself on THP even more than normal which is a lot.
I am thinking about what I have learned over these last few weeks and what I will do with it once life gets back to normal. Here is a snapshot. Perhaps you've taken something new from this time as well.
1: Once this is over I am going to practice a little less and play a lot more.
2: I really like whats happening at Srixon, Bridgestone and Exotics. Likewise I am kind of disappointed in the brand I have championed for years. Feel like they should be more all in.
3: I'll buy a pair of spikeless golf shoes once they blow the horn and we head back out.
4:It is time to get on a monitor and if the evidence is clear more to an R flex from S.
5: I still hate GIF's but respect how funny folks on this site are.
6: I love the Bucktown putter I bought recently. I roll it like a champ on my carpet. Plus I love the sound of a Q-Star meeting that putter.
7: No more EBay purchases after too many beverages.
8: I really appreciate THP. Thank you.

I love this but please, for the sake of the economy (or you know, basic fun), ease into number 7. They can be fun

I love hanging out at THP. never more than during this situation. I normally travel the South in sales but like you I am anchored at home and find myself on THP even more than normal which is a lot.
I am thinking about what I have learned over these last few weeks and what I will do with it once life gets back to normal. Here is a snapshot. Perhaps you've taken something new from this time as well.
1: Once this is over I am going to practice a little less and play a lot more.
2: I really like whats happening at Srixon, Bridgestone and Exotics. Likewise, I am kind of disappointed in the brand I have championed for years.
3: I'll buy a pair of spikeless golf shoes once they blow the horn and we head back out.
4:It is time to get on a monitor and if the evidence is clear move to an R flex from S.
5: I still hate GIF's but respect how funny folks on this site are.
6: I love the Bucktown putter I bought recently. I roll it like a champ on my carpet. Plus I love the sound of a Q-Star meeting that putter.
7: EBay purchases after too many beverages tend not to work out.
8: I really appreciate THP. Thank you.

This whole thing is making me realize just how important golf is to my mental well being. It relaxes me, reduces anxiety, and lets me forget about my real world problems for 4 hours at a time. It's sorely needed.

Merged the two threads together

You cant hate gifs!

2. Exotics, Joe Exotics? Are we talking about Joe Exotics here?

8. I think you are not alone in appreciating THP during these times.

2. Exotics, Joe Exotics? Are we talking about Joe Exotics here?
Tour Edge Exotics but I could have gone here too. Reminded me of family back in Kentucky.

This whole thing is making me realize just how important golf is to my mental well being. It relaxes me, reduces anxiety, and lets me forget about my real world problems for 4 hours at a time. It's sorely needed.
Could not agree more. Golf helps me keep my sanity.

Nice post.

I agree about getting out and playing more. I decided that if the courses open, I’m buying a season membership and going out whenever I have a spare 2 hours; the course is a 5 minute drive away.
I’m also pondering spikeless. Especially the Adidas CodeChaos.
And I too am fully on board the HMS Appreciate THP. It’s a large ship, with plenty of room.

I am definitely getting the new Exotics driver and possibly the hybrid after this passes. And this site has definetly provided a lot of comraderie and humor which has been so needed. I hope after this is over I’ll be able to meet some THPers out on the course!

Nice post topic. Without getting political, I learned (I think) that we all have to learn from this pandemic and all make some sacrifice in the next couple of years to prepare as a country/world for this all to happen again!!! I sure don't have the answers, but if I have to pay a 1-3% federal sales tax to make damn sure we have all the equipment and testing to not only come out of this mire, but to also prepare as best as possible for future pandemics (which will surely come as a global economy/society moves forward).

I too learned how much golf (and I am a bogey hack) helps my stress, gives me joy, and connects me with my friends. Peace and be well all. Hang tough!

Definitely productive entertainment.

I love number 1!
You gotta give number 7 a couple more chances. When it works out, it's worth it.
And number 8 is the best of all. This place is wonderful

Really like my Foot Joy Pro S/Land Iam teaching my wife to golf which will allow me to play more. Glad I joined this site .

Nice post and you make good points. Play more, practice less.

Enjoy the things in life.:)

Well played, sir!

Some times you need a few beverages to make that purchase you have always wanted but never needed...have a few and remove that from the list.

Nice post and you make good points. Play more, practice less.

Enjoy the things in life.:)

I love to play but I also like to practice. I don’t always have 2+ hours to play nine but I can frequently find an hour to hit balls. Plus I play better when I practice.

I hear you, brother. I got out to play with @mtbloco and @oumagic today and, quite frankly, played some horrific golf but at the end of the round it was nice to take a second and reflect not on how horrible I played but that I actually got to play. I mentioned to the group that there are so many people that would kill to be able to do what we did today. The thoughts of a sh1tty game faded pretty fast and appreciation was a much more appropriate feeling.

Back