What is the last iron you hit well?

I am confident in my 6 iron, I am currently pondering a 5 hybrid to replace the 5 iron. I just do not have any faith when I pull the 5 out for a shot unless it's a hooded punch from the trees...

"What is the longest iron you feel confident gaming?"

For me, the 4 iron is the longest I will carry in the bag right now and am considering dropping it for another hybo.

I've recently become comfortable with my 5 iron since changing my swing a bit and I could probably hit my 4 iron just as comfortable right now but I took the 4i out of my bag to make room for another club. My hybrids have always been dependable for me and my 6 iron is definitely the most comfortable long club I have.

4i...it's not perfect, but I count on it when I need it...especally out from under trees.

I'm pretty confident with my 5-iron and higher (Ping does make a nice, forgiving iron). I also carry a 4-iron, and although its my "chip out of the woods" club, I can hit it pretty good off the tee (~185 yards) when needed, or off the turf with a good lie.

For me, its the 5i. I carry a 4i, but never swing it and a 3h that I will hit off the tee box. I generally hit the 5i about 200-210 and don't really feel the need to get more yardage than that. If i'm further out than that, I'd rather be short and in play than who knows where and (supposedly) further.

My 8 iron has been on fire lately but that's because with our par 4s at all roughly the same yardage my 8 iron seems to be my second shot lately depending on how well I stroked my drive. A lot of really long 450 yd+ par 4s at my local track.

Kind of been on a roll with my 5 iron lately. Used to be all hooks or "thin city". Last month or so its been reliable off the tee & turf.

5i is very the top in my bag because the 4i can be a tough one for me to hit

Back