What is your “go to” club?

PW on short shots. King Tec on long ones

My 7i or 3w, if I had to pick my 3w would be it

Driver

Usually a toss up between the 6 and 7 iron.

54 degree. Had a round recently where everything from 90m and in was no further than 5m from the hole. Just a shame it sometimes takes me 3-4 shots to get to 90m and in

6 iron. For some reason I feel very confident with that club in my hands.

Driver

5 iron. Even when I don’t hit it well in warm up I feel like at game time it is my most consistent club.

This may sound weird but I don’t have one. I hit whatever is needed for the shot. I am pretty comfortable with everything in the bag.

I love my 5i but the 9i is close.

3 hybrid - $$$$$

When there's much risk or I need to protect score and absolutely need to hit a fairway without extreme distance necessary, it'll be my 24° One-Length Cobra Radspeed hybrid. It's good for 215-220 off the tee and kind of hard to mess up too severely (although it has been done ).

For approaches? No go-to, necessarily. But 56° SW is a current favorite. 9-iron (160 yards, jacked lofts) down, though, I'm very confident.

From greenside bunkers, it's 100% the magic wand that is the Ping Glide 4.0 Eye2 60°. It's even easier to play than the PM Grind for me.

It isn’t a latest release …
Callaway Xhot 4h
But @150-155m it’s quality performance time after time … straight and drop and stop

So good that can’t , remove it from the bag and replace it

My Ping G30 5 wood is the most dependable club in the bag.

I have supreme confidence in my putter/putting. Beyond that? Ummmm…

For some reason I can be any yards away from the flag and I have hybrids and woods and I’ll be the first to grab a 7 or 8 irons. I don’t know why, I may not even get close to the hole but I’ll swing an iron before I swing the others.

My last trip out I should have used a driver but I wanted to to be like everyone else in the 4 man group so I went with an 7 iron and didn’t make it past the water.

It is hard for me to conceive of that one shot, because golf is so different than, say, football, where a team can choose to run a certain play in almost any condition, or basketball, where a player can consciously get to his spot on the court. That being said, a shot that I have supreme confidence in is an 85 yard shot with my 58* lob wedge. If I have that shot, I am almost certain to be putting and even have a high probability that I will have a decent birdie look.

I have a 2019 Callaway Apex Hybrid. It's the oldest club i still play , and i typically have it in the bag for every important round.

If i need to hit a ball 220yds straight, i'm incredibly confident with it

8i. Always has been. I don't know why. Maybe it's the length and I just set up to it so well. That's why I was always a fan of @JB One Length set up.

Hywood XL 3+. Goes straight and longer than it has a right to given the quality of strike.

Back