What is your biggest pet peeve in a playing partner?

Not knowing where his ball is... EVER.
He will check every ball in play, and sometimes he will check 3 balls and go over to his and say “this is me...”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get along with all. Man, woman, child, or beast. That said there are several types that I'd prefer not to spend 4 hours alone with.

1. Pregnant women. Needs no explanation
2. Gods gift to all golfkind. The ones that talk about their 68 last week, yet are on pace to shoot 104-and aren't even playing by the rules. (Well aware I can fit this type but by god I'll take my 108 by the rules and like it!).
3. Business wheeler and dealer on the course. Silence your damn phone! I did mine and am well aware that I might miss an important phone call.
4. For lack of a better term, Rickie Foul'r. I like the real Rickie, great golfer. Just because you wear orange and are toting a nice Cobra staff bag, that doesn't mean you are the real Rickie. It's especially sad when the Rickie Foul'r you meet on the course is 40+. The real Rickie would turfnap you until you cry like a baby. Give it up.
5. Mean drunks. I'd prefer them over #1, but by a snails ? nose hair.
6. Happy drunks. I just met you dude, I'll give you a thumbs up ? if you hit a good shot. I am NOT giving you a hug. Don't even ask!
7. Bag Tag guy. I'm glad you got to play some great courses, but when you can't get into your tee pocket without taking 10 of them off, you need to leave 10 of them home.
8. Super serious golf dude. You'll know the type when you meet him. He'll spend 5 minutes lining up the 4 footer for bogey. Every time. You will never get that time back and it probably costs you 2 for 1 minutes against the rest of your life. Maybe more if you have high blood pressure.
9. My boss. No further explanation needed. I tried that once and he was the same overbearing Richard on the course as he is in work life. No thanks. Not to mention he fits several of the 1-8 criteria too. He is not pregnant so you can rule out #1.

The types of golfers that I'll gladly tee it up with.

1. Youth-I prefer my own kids but any decent respectful youth is a golfing partner that I'll always take on.
2. Non pregnant women. Needs no further explanation, particularly if... N/M.
3. Military, even if they're pregnant women. I'll waive that one for y'all. If I know you are prior to the first tee there is absolutely zero chance that you are paying your greens fees. None, and there'll be no arguments here. Thank you all.
4. Anybody, no matter their skill level, that isn't a Richard. I don't care if you shoot 120. Be decent and we'll have a great time.

I enjoy playing with just about anyone...who plays at a solid pace. It's just 4 hours (hopefully) and life is too short to be overly annoyed by someone you may never see again.

My biggest pet peeve is people that have a lot of pet peeves. Especially when they do the same things but are unaware or it is OK if they do it because reasons.

Okay, also people who react to my pulling out a tee to fix a ball mark by pulling out their fancy repair tool and incorrectly fixing the ball mark with an air of superiority.

I enjoy playing with just about anyone...who plays at a solid pace. It's just 4 hours (hopefully) and life is too short to be overly annoyed by someone you may never see again.

A Men brother

The guy who has finished the hole but sits in his cart and fumbles around with his scorecard, bag and clubs while others are waiting so they can safely hit up.

Bad attitude, yelling, and someone that takes forever to line up their putts when they have no business doing so!

I don't take forever, but I do take my time, even on gimmee's. I don't care. I block everything out and concentrate. If you pick up the flag stick and start walking towards the hole expecting me to hurry the 3 foot putt, sorry, I'm taking my time and making it.

It drives me crazy when my partner does not take their time and then whines about missing putts all day long.

One more - I don't really care who tees off...ready play. Except when someone gets a Birdie. They earned that tee box buddy, back the f off.

No problem playing golf with strangers , usually we have respect to each other and we maintain politeness. However I still prefer playing golf with my own friends.

I actually enjoy the game even more if I play golf alone accompany with a caddie, so peaceful and relaxing.

My pet peeves maybe having a caddie with bad behaviour or bad attitudes.

I can play with anyone but there is one specific type that drives me insane. The uber serious guy that takes way too long on everything. Dude this isn’t the Masters. Line up your putt for triple and let’s go!

Shouldn’t bother me because there are worse transgressions but the guy who sets up for his shot and then just freezes for an inordinate amount of time before pulling the trigger. I can’t watch and usually have to find something else to occupy my time until I hear contact.

Can get awkward over the course of a round when I am little help locating this persons wayward shots.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

A playing partner who basically refuses to play ready golf. He can be up on the tee before anyone else and will just stand there waiting and only wants to tee off last in the group.

Whats for the green to clear, and never, ever, comes close.

Plays from the tips, and never, ever, makes GIR

Shouldn’t bother me because there are worse transgressions but the guy who sets up for his shot and then just freezes for an inordinate amount of time before pulling the trigger. I can’t watch and usually have to find something else to occupy my time until I hear contact.

Can get awkward over the course of a round when I am little help locating this persons wayward shots.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Former golf partner of mine would take 45 seconds to swing, give or take, once he addressed his ball.

Not talking the entire time including pre-shot routine, I'm talking after the routine, once he settles over the ball...

FORTY-FIVE freakin' seconds!!!

That was actually low on the list as to why he was later rendered a "former" playing partner. But it did factor in some.

My only real peeve is when somebody talks for minutes when it is their turn to hit. They stop their routine and everything just to finish the thought and conversation.

The conversation can wait! Shut up and hit!!!

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Back