What motivates you?

I'm new to the game, so I'm motivated by the enjoyment of learning something new. It's so interesting to see minor changes in setup, balance or grip making big changes in loft and distance. I'm also enjoying the company on the course and being out in the great weather. That will probably change the longer I play and I will probably get into the nuance of the numbers.

Trying to get to the level to where I can compete with everyone else I play with.

Also, I hate sucking at things. So, I’m trying to suck less.

Wait, you guys & girls are saying I'm the ONLY one who likes to beat their friends and family members and give them the business afterwards?

I'm not buying it.

No sir, not buying it at all.

Its simple for me.

Par.

That is the battle that will always motivate me.

I would love for this to be a goal eventually but I don't have the time to chase this realistically at this point. For now, though my goal is to be constantly improving and trying to set a new bar. Quite the rollercoaster the last year or so, but once the new job normalizes a bit and the weather cooperates I'll be back at it trying to get my mechanics back to where they need to be for me to go lower this year than last.

my motivation is a guaranteed 4-5 hours away from the wife and doing housework. But also knowing that I can/should get better the more I play if I take my time and put some focus into it.

I am motivated to beat LSMO on nine holes. Hey, small steps. I think I tied him on nine holes one time and only lost the round by like 6 shots total.

Then I want to beat him on 18. Might be the same round, perhaps?

Back