What non-golf things are you looking forward to in 2024?

camden_kid

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Special birthdays/anniversaries? Holidays? The Paris Olympics?

Got anything nice lined up?

For me, I'm looking forward to starting a new job at the beginning of the years.

Changing careers. After working 25+ years in manufacturing I start barber school in January. Its something Ive been thinking about and planning for over the last 3 years and Im beyond excited that its finally happening.

2 vacations - Cancun and then Maui later in the year (although the clubs are coming with me both times LOL)

If I just say Spring, does that count as a non golf thing, while totally being a golf thing?

Hawaii trip with the wife! Clubs are coming with but that’s not why I’m excited for it

Trips to the Dominican and Florida with my wife. Finally going to Harry Potter world and Diagon Alley. Yes I’m a Potter nerd.

Perhaps, a new vehicle.

I hope to finish the coursework for some higher-level IT certifications in 2024.

A trip to Arizona in April.

And hopefully a trip to the east coast later in the year.

Scotland in May for 3.5 weeks.
There will be golf, but that’s not the focus.

It’s a milestone year for me. Not sure what it will have in store for me. But looking forward to it.

Cruising and Disney in January. Outer Banks for 2.5 weeks in February. Orlando for 1.5 weeks, including a tiki convention, in April. DragonCon in August. Maybe Banff/Lake Louise in October. Probably a Christmas/New Year's cruise at the end of the year.

After an 11-year post-grad journey, my wife will finally be done school and training. Hoping that leads to permanent placement so we can settle down somewhere.

Moving into a different position at work. It’ll be in the estimation side rather than field supervision. Will allow more time for golf. Told myself I was going to go to comedy shows as well so will be going to see Segura in May, and waiting for Gillis and a few others to come to the area.

2024 is our year to establish Florida residency after sending our youngest off to college in August. We arrived in Naples today and will mostly be here until the middle of May when things finally warm up in Minnesota. I’m looking forward to lots of sunsets like tonight’s! Hopefully I can talk my wife into retiring 2024 or 2025. She loves to work and is good at it but it’s time for us to do other things. :)

IMG_3628.jpegIMG_3626.jpegIMG_3623.jpeg

Last edited:
Our honeymoon in May! I cannot wait. Planning a couple other trips but we will see what comes of them

My wife and I are talking about going to Ireland. We haven’t booked anything yet though.

2024 is our year to establish Florida residency after sending our youngest off to college in August. We arrived in Naples today and will mostly be here until the middle of May when things finally warm up in Minnesota. I’m looking forward to lots of sunsets like tonight’s! Hopefully I can talk my wife into retiring 2024 or 2025. She loves to work and is good at it but it’s time for us to do other things. :)

View attachment 9231946View attachment 9231947View attachment 9231948
We lived in Bonita Springs for a year and a half in the early 2000s. There are times I really regret leaving, as I'll probably never get my wife to move back to Florida.

Annual 3 day Muskoka trip is all booked and also looking forward to retirement at end of 2024 😊!

I am trying to get my foot and back healthy again so that I can do some water skiing again. I didn’t see at all this year due to my foot for the first time in over 15 years.

My first trip back home in 15 years which coincides with my twin brother getting married.

The Minister turns 60 3 days after we get back...can I trade her in on 2 30 years olds?

Family trip to Ireland in June for 9 days for my wife’s 40th/sons 13th.

No clue beyond that. Anything else would probably be golf related.

Back