What % of you spend time analyzing data such as A of A, dynamic loft, launch angle, etc?

What % of you spend time analyzing data such as A of A, dynamic loft, launch angle, etc?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tenputt

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.4
Title says it.

I went with the fitting options but I also look at it when things go wrong to see what’s way off. Definitely helpful but not something I’ll obsess about.

Umm.. I never overanalyze anything... so, whatever the normal amount is? :LOL:

When I'm testing new equipment or working on a specific problem during a lesson utilizing Trackman.

I had to vote what are you talking about, total lack of options up here in the Willy Wacks. 😔

I practiced regularly during the winter on TrackMan and focused primarily on club path and face angle. This winter, I am going to work really hard on angle of attack through my irons. I think if I can improve that one aspect, I can give myself more birdie opportunities by better compressing the ball and increasing my distance control.

0%

I had to vote what are you talking about, total lack of options up here in the Willy Wacks. 😔
You can analyze some of it without a monitor, it's just not as easy.

Don't feel sad for me @OldandStiff , if I knew my numbers I would probably cry! 🤣🤣

When I go for a fitting. At the range and on the course I watch ball flight. What else can I do? I'm not rich.

Don't feel sad for me @OldandStiff , if I knew my numbers I would probably cry! 🤣🤣
Haha They can always change! I had a shallower AoA last year, and I went to work on exactly what @Tenputt is talking about early this year without having monitor access. I knew I had flipped the script long before I had data to back it up.

I fully support this line of sanity you're embarking on @Tenputt . (y) I pay a LOT if attention to launch for my game, and I feel like it has served me well.

I quit chasing numbers. I trust what I see and roll with it

The only thing I analyze is the ball's flight. Even then i only notice that when I hit a poor shot. I want think about what I did wrong.

Angle of attack, dynamic lofts, and all that other stuff is just not that important to me. Ball flights tell me everything I need to know about my swing.

Like many other things, I understand these dynamics but I'm just not good enough to make them matter.

Hardly ever unless doing a fitting.

Only at my lesson as he has a trackman. AOA and path is what we watch.

Play daily on my gc2, I know my launch angle is about 7 degees too low on my drive, and am losing about 30 yards when I do it. So I analyze lots.

I'm lucky to have trackman access 24-7, so I will get into the numbers at times. Typically, when I'm working on something new in my swing or testing new equipment, I'll really analyze every number I can.

I honestly have no idea what you are talking about. I have never used a launch monitor in my life. It’s not that I wouldn’t want to; it’s just that I never have.

I quit chasing numbers. I trust what I see and roll with it
I am not sure that I would look at some of the analysis as chasing numbers. To me, chasing numbers relates more to club speed, ball speed and, perhaps. spin. Do you think it’s chasing numbers to try to change your angle of attack from -2 to -4, just as an example? Not trying to be argumentative, just wondering if we are looking at it the same way.

I am not sure that I would look at some of the analysis as chasing numbers. To me, chasing numbers relates more to club speed, ball speed and, perhaps. spin. Do you think it’s chasing numbers to try to change your angle of attack from -2 to -4, just as an example? Not trying to be argumentative, just wondering if we are looking at it the same way.

No worries, I enjoy the conversation.

I mean in the sense of I don’t have the time to try and groove a “perfect” swing and all that comes with it. Sure swing speed, ball speed and spin are the traditional numbers players can chase, but of the other things you mentioned ive seen guys get bogged down trying to to get to certain spots in their swing and when the numbers aren’t where they want them to be it can be detrimental.

my game is to try and be as consistent as I can given my ability. If it’s off just try to fix it as best as I can.

i only marked regularly because of my lessons. whenever i reduce the frequency, i won’t care about it as much

Back