What one stretch....

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
I mentioned somewhere that I'd like to work on my flexibility this year. There's so many different things out there about stretching routines which are at times overwhelming to look through. I was wondering what is the one stretch that you recommend that may help provide some flexibility for us?

Squats.

I kid, but not really. Everybody needs to do squats.

I'll be following this one. My flexibility is so bad, I need some major help.

Third world squats

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Yoga ... Get good at it and you'll be stronger and more flexible.

Stretch those hamstrings!

another vote for the hammies

That's the third work squat. How long you hold yours for?

http://thirdworldsquats.com

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

30 seconds give or take. I stretch my lower back out with a combination hamstring/good morning-ish stretch. No bouncing, but holding the stretch in a few different positions.

Yup, if done wrong they are dangerous, but otherwise they are incredibly useful.
Yeah, definitely no good with bad form. Had several strength coaches that had no issues with my form though, think you just reach a point where you're body isn't designed to have that much weight across your shoulders.

If I'm just going to do 1 stretch this would be it.

Yet another vote for hamstring stretches. I forget which disk it is in the back but one is directly related to the hamstrings.

Flexible hammies just may make for a healthier lower back. I learned this after suffering a few bulging disks. Now I stretch to keep things at bay. Works.

Yet another vote for hamstring stretches. I forget which disk it is in the back but one is directly related to the hamstrings.

Flexible hammies just may make for a healthier lower back. I learned this after suffering a few bulging disks. Now I stretch to keep things at bay. Works.
L5S1, maybe others too?

Any time my back gets sore I stretch my hammies and my IT bands.

Back