What positves are you taking from your last round?

Don’t play in the mud.

that my 3W is a very good option off the tee.

Swinging smoothly produces better results than you would think.

Thinking back to my round today, the score isn’t an indication of how i played. I struck the ball really well with my irons and I got off the tee well. The big scores came in from some bad bounces and missing putts I normally make. The positive I’m taking is that I’m having fun and I know the score isn’t a reflection of my talent or ability.

Last edited:
The positive for me after the last round was the putter and irons-- the driver was not kind at all, and caused me to leave a deposit of G balls at the course

Trouble with the driver brought me back to the basics; tempo. Slow the back swing, keep things under control.

Posted a 93 in the morning; rain and wind did not help. Played again in the afternoon and shot a 78. Just night and day off the tee.

That I'm significantly improving at scrambling for a decent score when I'm not playing my best.

I bought a 2ball putter (after having success with one in New Orleans earlier this year). My first round did not go well.

Went back to the triple wide and it was night/day. Hit two long putts from just off the green and left EVERYTHING close. No 3 putts at all.

Pretty excited to have that element back from last year.

In the fairway a bunch off the tee. Feeling good about my swing. Chipping was solid.

I was hitting my irons pretty well.

Being able to overcome a slow start.

Lag putting was good, that was about it.

I didn't do anything particularly well in yesterday's round, but I still shot my average score. I think that it tells me that I am becoming a little more consistent overall and that even if I am doing one thing well during the round, then I can still put up a very nice score.

All kidding aside, the biggest positive I took from my last round was the fact that my schedule allowed time to get out and play!

Home course is tree lined on both sides on every hole. Finishing with the same ball as you started is always a bonus, irrespective of the score!!

A

Sent from my SM-F711B using Tapatalk
I did that last Sunday. Made me happy.

I was putting the ball well which was a positive sign from the round before. I had 34 putts on 18 holes. I’d like to average closer to 32 but at least we’re trending in the right direction. I made quite a few clutch putts from less than favorable distances and in general my speed was really good

Played Friday and Saturday. Friday 2 birdies 2 Pars. Saturday 4 pars.... Had 2 monster drives that went where I wanted them to go. But felt like I was playing some real golf. :) Even though only 8 0f 36 and scores were the usual... felt like I was playing golf. Not chase the ball.

I played with a guy that looked like Santa Claus, had to be late 60's at the youngest, and was blowing his drives 10 yards by me. I'm going to take the positive that if I keep improving my swing, there's a lot more I can get out of my driver.

I've been playing with some scratch & + players a lot lately and I'm not that far off. I'm close enough to see where i need work to get better.

Off the tee my misses have not been catastrophic. I think it is a function of correcting my driver swing path so that I am not so outrageously in to out. Previously in the 8-10degree range and have corrected that to be closer to 4-5 I-O. Hopefully after a fee more rounds I can say I am comfortable with that and then get to work on the myriad of other issues I have been seeing early in this outdoor golf season.

The wind drastically changes the quality and enjoyment of the game.

Saturday was gusts to 35 mph and I got beat up all day. Yesterday was near calm conditions and I played great and had a lot of fun. It was the same when I played in San Antonio a few weeks ago. It drizzly on and off, but dead calm. While i don't have a lot of natural curve on my shot, I can't flight ball well at all. My natural high ball just gets blown all over on windy days.

Part of playing Texas is accepting windy conditions, especially in the spring. But with golf being more expensive than ever. I'm not going to play if the wind is higher than 20 anymore unless it's league event. Just not worth it.

Hmmmm, 4 triples, to go with 7 pars and 4 bogies - I think 3 doubles round out the house. So, all in all I can accept this and look to improve - need to focus on NOT making stupid shots or taking stupid targets to aim at. All else will be goooooood.

Right now, it’s my ball contact. Once I get the direction a little more dialed in and my chipping where I want it, I should be able to reach my season goals this year.

Back