What Rain Gear do you use?

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
As many of you know, I’m looking to change up my Rain Gear, and I’m curious what Rain Gear is popular with the THP Universe?

What are y’all using?

Galway Bay and Puma DRYLBL

My own fortitude and some Footjoy RainSoft gloves.

• Staff
  • Staff
My own fortitude
In Nashville we can play year round, but we are entering Rain Gear season, as a lot of us wear rain gear even when it isn’t raining because most rain gear does great handling cold, windy, & sloppy conditions.

I got a Sunice Chase jacket for the Victory Cup I didn't have to use it there but did that weekend at home. It worked very well and I was quite happy with it. It was normally $250 but was on sale for $125. They also had a 20% off code for your first purchase that brought it down to $100. I think it's a great value for that price. Had I not found that I would probably have gone with the Cobra one. We don't typically get much rain that we can play in as it's usually a downpour with lightning so saving the extra $100 was worth it to me. I'm happy with it and may need it this weekend.

Also the Mizuno rain gloves were great. I liked them much better than my previous FJ's as I though both the grip and feel were better.

My new DRYLBL is wrapped and waiting for the tree to go up. Have used zero restriction for the last 6 or so years with no issues. Just so baggy on me now so time for a change.

Zero Restriction Goretex works great for keeping out the wind and cold.

Multiple Zero Restrictions mentions, and no Footjoy mentions so far …. Interesting.

In Nashville we can play year round, but we are entering Rain Gear season, as a lot of us wear rain gear even when it isn’t raining because most rain gear does great handling cold, windy, & sloppy conditions.
Yeah, I just wear fleece hoodies and crew necks with a beanie during the winter. Base layer, long sleeve tee shirt, and fleece on top will lick about any temp or condition winter can throw out. Golf stuff is ironically usually too tight for my tastes. I also have an aversion to swishing.

My current rain gear that is my go to is Galway Bay pants and Zero Restriction Gore-Tex jacket. I also have Zero Restriction, Gore-Tex pants, but they don’t fit nicely like the Galway Bay pants.

Multiple Zero Restrictions mentions, and no Footjoy mentions so far …. Interesting.
Are used to have a set of DryJjoy, rain gear, was not very good. I upgraded to Gortex as quickly as I could at that time.

DryJoys Tour. Found them cheap.

I use Nike rain gear. Worked very well earlier this year during my trip to Bandon. Kept me dry and super lightweight.

I use Nike rain gear. Worked very well earlier this year during my trip to Bandon. Kept me dry and super lightweight.
I have a set of Storm Fit and it’s worked well. Just looking for an upgrade.

I have a Gore Tex jacket that I used for running. I picked up a pair of rain pants off Amazon.

Back