What shot shape do you play? Fade vs Draw vs Straight?

I prefer a slight draw because it seams to go further or run out a bit more. But I like to play a shot that the hole calls for so I can eliminate the most troublesome side.

I can hit either one but my problem has always been controling the amount of shape. With my old FT-9 and R11S my draw could turn into hook in a hurry. I have the complete opposite issue with my new SLDR, fade to a slice.

Irons- Pretty straight. I dont miss too much left and right (when I do its from a bad alignment at setup.) My miss is north and south (off the toe or heavy).
Driver/FW- I'm much more accurate when I just try and hit it straight. I have hit my best draws when the hole is straight away and I have hit my best straight balls when a dogleg requires it to turn over lol.

It's dangerous, but sometimes I can intentionally hit a hook or slice to get around a tree(s) or a dogleg but I have never been able to purposely hit that nice draw or fade. I struggle enough with just trying to hit it straight.

My driver is a fade with the occasional straight/draw. Everything else I've been taught to hit mostly straight with more draw with 7-9i.

Back