What to do will my tax return

Pondering some patio furniture and maybe a set of irons, or maybe a Rogue 5w.

Mine will be used to get some trees trimmed/cut down in my yard... Not so fun, but needs done. Wish it couldve gone towards golf instead!

What is a tax RETURN???:beat-up::beat-up::beat-up:

I have already started selling clubs to pay Uncle Sam and the state of california.

Come on over to Texas. Ain't nobody got time for state income tax.

I try to get mine close to zeroed out. Actually, just enough of a return to pay my CPA.

Ha! Golf stuff! My wife spent that money before it hit the bank account :laughing:

Had my taxes done the other day and found out that my wife and I are getting $1600 back. We have always split the amount that each of us gets, so my wife gets $800 of it and I get the other $800. Now what should I do with my share of the return? Should I buy a new driver? Use it towards a membership? Buy a laser sight and holster for my new Ruger American 9mm? Invest it in the stock market? Take a golf vacation? Buy something for the house?
So many options.
What would you do with $800?

Thats a nice split....my wife got 2k, and I only got 1k. So much for 50/50 huh? Lmao :laughing:

What is this ‘tax return’ you speak of? #nofuntaxbracket

So far this is what I bought with my tax return

DWov2seX4AAHIqD.jpg:large

I procrastinated yet again and got my returns finished and submitted yesterday. The first part of my return will go what it seems to go to every year, which is my home and auto insurance which is due in May. The remaining six or seven hundred will go to either our house principal or Jacqui's credit card. Probably the card, it has a higher interest rate.

Registering my car and paying my insurance off for the year. That is when the IRS stops rejecting my returns because my name is spelled wrong on one of my W-4s

Sent from HTX

Had my taxes done the other day and found out that my wife and I are getting $1600 back. We have always split the amount that each of us gets, so my wife gets $800 of it and I get the other $800. Now what should I do with my share of the return? Should I buy a new driver? Use it towards a membership? Buy a laser sight and holster for my new Ruger American 9mm? Invest it in the stock market? Take a golf vacation? Buy something for the house?
So many options.
What would you do with $800?

First thing I would do is adjust my withholding so the gov't doesn't get an interest free loan from me all year.

What is this ‘tax return’ you speak of? #nofuntaxbracket

It's the money people get back after they loan the gov't their money at 0% interest all year.

It's the money people get back after they loan the gov't their money at 0% interest all year.

Turns out we’re actually getting a decent chunk back this year! Business expenses FTW :cool:

Turns out we’re actually getting a decent chunk back this year! Business expenses FTW :cool:

Are you saying you adjusted your withholding to break even (but still had X$ withheld every month) and the business expenses are making you get a return, that you didn't pay in throughout the year (no fed taxes taken out of your check) and the business expenses are giving you a return, or that you paid in "normally" (paid in more than you needed to) and you're getting your excess payments back PLUS the amount due to business expenses?

Back