What "Top" courses did you play this year?

Pebble Beach and Chambers Bay.

I played a really nice course in La Jolla called The Farms. I also got to play Eastward Ho for the first time and I played Kittansett (not for the first time). I didn't travel after February so I mostly played courses in my regular rotation.

AS i reflect back on 2020, i stayed pretty close to home with the exception of an RV trip the bestest half and I took to Grand Canyon. WE camped, took long walks into the GC, Sedona, Taos and Flagstaff surrounding areas. No Golf. I wish i had done some great and meaningful golf, but we did not get to this year.

I DID However, Watch and comment a lot on the Morgan Cup while the Bestest half was Shopping.....I was like, "Sure, Sure baby, take your time. "I'll get a coffee.....then i saw the bags and receipts-*sigh* it was all worth it"

Last edited:
how was Sand Valley? I haven't gotten there yet

We really enjoyed it. Definitely recommend. We played both courses with only about an hour between rounds and were just gassed toward the end of our round at Mammoth Dunes. Looking forward to heading back to check out the Sandbox and the rest of the amenities that we missed.

This year the best course I played was The Hotchkin at Woodhall Spa, a global top 100 course.
My photos don't do it justice but it very much felt like a golf course had been carved from the forest opening in the first battle scene in Gladiator.
e50818d8205c433b675db05d48db893d.jpg

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
Looks gorgeous, on my list 👍

Ozarks National, Buffalo Ridge, Branson Hills, Highland Springs, and Old Kinderhook would be the top courses I played close to home this year. Barely traveled so Greywalls (MI) is the only away course I'd rate as a top course.

Favorite -> Old Toccoa Farm
Coolest Experience -> Black Creek Club in Chattanooga
Most Surprising/Underrated -> The Ridges at Village Creek

St Georges Hill
Western Gailles
Machrahanish
Cruden Bay
Hillside
Royal Birkdale
Dunbarnie
Old Course
Panmure
Montrose
Askernish
Silloth on Solway

Pretty good year considering the Pandemic

Living the dream!
Where are you based?

accidentally posted in wrong thread - reposted in the 'commit to play a top course' thread

Last edited:
Shadow Creek and Wynn. This was the first year in a long time that I played virtually no golf outside of the St. Louis area. Fortunately I was able to squeeze in rounds of shadow Creek and wynn when out in Vegas in March and September.

Will travel for a THP event and if I can hitch a ride, would travel to play with other THP’ers.

I just don’t care to drive more than an hour or so anymore. Even that’s pushing it.

So this year I played the top 3 public courses within 30 miles of me. That’s my only claim. All three were rounds with THP’ers and they’re decent courses so it felt like playing bigger and better courses. Just from the fun factor alone.

Perth Scotland but have daughters in Manchester and London
Nice!
Sadly living in Leicester means travelling quite far to get to any of the top 100 England courses let alone UK courses.

Pinehurst #5 and #6.

Return to Pinehurst the last week of March. Courses TBD. :cool:

Back