What wedges do you play?

I’ve owned about 18 different sets of wedges over the last 35 years and only 6 sets of irons. I’m currently a huge fan of the Cleveland RTX3 & 4 wedges.

Wilson PMP Tour Gun Blue 60 AND 56

Set Jpx-850 PW & GW (50*)
Mizuno T7 54/12 SW
Mizuno T7 58/4 and a T7 58/16 LW

I just put these in my primary bag and switch between the difference bounce LWs depending on turf and sand conditions. If conditions warrant (bad sand but soft turf), I'd put both in the bag and drop a hybrid.

Last week I was in Dallas at The Tribute and had the 54/12 and brought the 58/4 which was a mistake - should have brought the 58/16. End result is I didn't use the 58/4 at all and relied on the 54/12 because I needed the bounce for all shots.

Mizuno T4 , mostly 54 and 60 , or 52 and 58

Love my CBX wedges!
I really love the forgiveness and for me they are versatile enough for anything that I should try to pull off.

M4 set PW 43.5*, CBX 50* GW (soon to be bent a degree to a degree and a half stronger, RTX 2.0 54* SW (soon to be replaced with a CBX as well), and then a RTX-3 Cavity Back 60* LW.)

Callaway MD4 54 and 58, both W grinds. Never used a 58 before, but have it for gapping purposes. Performed very well out of the bunker and on short chips while at The Hideaway this year. Can't wait to use them both more!

Callaway MD4 54 and 58, both W grinds. Never used a 58 before, but have it for gapping purposes. Performed very well out of the bunker and on short chips while at The Hideaway this year. Can't wait to use them both more!

Love my MD3 W grind for out of the bunkers as well. Great grind for that scenario.

Love my MD3 W grind for out of the bunkers as well. Great grind for that scenario.

I’m very excited, bunker play used to be hit or miss for me to the point i would swing and just want to get out of there and let my chipping make up and get me close to the hole. I’ve gotten better and rarely have that happen anymore.

Not that I will aim to miss on the bunker side but I’m not scared anymore, and that’s a good feeling to have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland RTX3, but I'm kind of missing my Vokeys.

On my old Scratch EZ set I play a 48°, 53° & 58° Scratch 1018
On my new Mizuno 919F set I play 46°, 51° & 56° Mizuno S18

On my Scratch set I rarely hit the 58° unless it was a full shot from about 60yds out. I used the 53° as a sand wedge in that setup. Now with the Mizuno’s I use the 56° as my sand. I really have no use for anything higher than that.

I200 PW & UW
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 54 SS
Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 58 ES

My PW is 46, I have a 50 and a 54 deg Hogan Equalizers

Back