What's the Golf Season For Folks?

GolfLivesMatter

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering what the typical season is for folks in the colder climates, and what y'all do in the off season to not lose momentum from the prior season?

Typically I play between mid April and early November. A few rounds between November and March, but it's hard to count on them.

LSMO on the other hand will play in shorts into the low 30s and will play even if he has to have a cart cover!

It depends around here, but I've played on New Year's Day before. I will walk and wear shorts even if it's around 40 degrees (I need to meet Mr LSMO)

The short game is always the first thing to go and the last to come back. I can putt and work on set-up in the house and I joined the local simulator so that I could try to keep the swing from getting too rusty.

Typically I play between mid April and early November. A few rounds between November and March, but it's hard to count on them.

LSMO on the other hand will play in shorts into the low 30s and will play even if he has to have a cart cover!

I hear you man! I grew up in Pittsburgh and recall playing in light snow with ROCK HARD ground....with....cringe...BLADES! I was SO afraid to hit a shot...but too hooked not to!

It depends around here, but I've played on New Year's Day before. I will walk and wear shorts even if it's around 40 degrees (I need to meet Mr LSMO)

The short game is always the first thing to go and the last to come back. I can putt and work on set-up in the house and I joined the local simulator so that I could try to keep the swing from getting too rusty.

I think he wears shorts almost every time. I think I played once with him where he didn't wear shorts!

Didn't wear shorts? Uh-OH...should I ask?

Starts to warm up less rain around May here. Good until September hits. In the winter months i work on my swing at home and the heated range

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Starts to warm up less rain around May here. Good until September hits. In the winter months i work on my swing at home and the heated range

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply...it's interesting to hear about other folk's who love golf!

Arizona. I play all 12 months. In shorts most of them.

This year hopefully May to mid October. Up here you have to have hobbies and interests during winter but I’ll hit the range from time to time. They have heated bays. Hockey, the gym and going to the mountains keep me fairly occupied.

This year it will be May-October. Usually the season starts in early april. During off season I play a lot of indoor simulator and do some gym graining.

Anything above 18° is golf weather. I usually get the majority of my rounds in November - March as the courses are empty and I can play faster. Never been the type of golfer who needs good course conditions to enjoy the game.

I stopped being about to play regularly in late Nov/early Dec, it was late March before I was able to play consistently again.

In Nashville, we play year round...
My cut off is normally under 40 degrees...
I haven’t played a round in shorts this year, tomorrow might be the day, but, Sunday it appears that we will be back in pants as the temperature drops... This winter weather has been weird, it snowed here on Masters Saturday, and that has never happened since I moved here in ‘04...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so happy to be out of the Midwest and back in Arizona - - year-round golf!!

This has been a long winter for folks up my way. I have played four times since November 17th, and three of those rounds were in the last week.

In the Mitten State, golf season is about April through October. You might be able to play spotty in the other months here or there, but it's generally below my 50* threshold.

If != snow; golf

else; stay home

I am starting to miss it. I sink into the fairways right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was wondering what the typical season is for folks in the colder climates, and what y'all do in the off season to not lose momentum from the prior season?

its usually April to september but we are getting a late start this year.
figures since i need all the practice I can get before the MC.

Just depends, the last few winters we have played year round, as long as the wind is low, and not out of north I will golf if temp is 40 and above. I have played in some strong north winds and its harsh.

I try to stay with 40 or above with no wind I play. However today is 45 with 15 to 20mph winds and it is not a good day...but in general usually most of March through the first half of December would be my norm with a few days sprinkled in all year. July and August can bring brutal humidity and almost be worse than the cold in Jan. and Feb..
What I would not give for San Diego weather without the cost of living and number of people :)

For me, its about mid April through mid November. As far as what I do to not lose anything during the winter months, I dont do anything. I find that my game comes back after 3 or 4 rounds in the spring.
For me, the winter months are a nice reset. It prevents me from getting burnt out on golf.

Back