What's the one club you just can't hit consistently but won't get rid of?

PackersGirl

2022 Grandaddy Alum
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I can't hit my Fairway Wood consistently. This stupid club will be the death of me. It's truly a love/hate relationship with this thing. But, when I hit her just perfect, she will do me proud. I'm just not consistent at all. Do you guys have a club in your bag that you won't get rid of because you get that one sweet shot every once in while out of it?

I can't hit my Fairway Wood consistently. This stupid club will be the death of me. It's truly a love/hate relationship with this thing. But, when I hit her just perfect, she will do me proud. I'm just not consistent at all. Do you guys have a club in your bag that you won't get rid of because you get that one sweet shot every once in while out of it?
^ same 100%

If I got rid of all the clubs I can't hit consistently, my bag would be empty. :LOL:

I dont think this problem exists with me. Not the part about not being able to hit it consistently......lol That happens all the time. The part about getting to the point of getting rid of it or not. If i given it enough time, I have the ability to move on.

+1 you've pretty much written my thoughts exactly. I lack confidence with the fairway (Cobra F9) but when I hit it properly it's a missile launcher. I think a lot of it has to do with the baffler rails on the bottom of it and playing off tight lies - just feel like I am going to top it. probably just need to let that sole do the job and go a bit steeper on it. having a driver and a fairway in the bag just looks "right" lol

I do not have something that fails me. It wouldn’t stay in the bag very long. I have given iron sets 2 9 holes before.

My 19 degree Cobra Rad hybrid. Hit it of most tees. I would reluctantly sell it or let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 iron, but that's because it's the one I've practised with least.

Putter. Constant disappointment but I just can’t get rid of it…

I lost the ability to get decent height from the fairway with my 3 & 4 irons over the last couple years and it's been a little frustrating at times. I kept going back and forth about ditching them, and my reluctance was due to not liking the alternatives. (hybrids)

I finally ditched the 3 iron and put my 3H in the bag. Now I'm left wondering why I was so stubborn to begin with. My 3H Cleveland TWS has turned out to be my "go to club" off the tee when the driver goes south, and is much easier to hit off the fairways.

2022 will be a year of experimenting with newer model 3 & 4 hybrids for me.

It's been a slow turning but I came about. (y)

3 wood, but I think it is coming around finally. Oh wait, I have had that thought before. ;)

Driver :ROFLMAO: 😐:cry:

4 hybrid. When I hit it straight I love it, but I hook it too often.

I’d have to say 3w for me. So many times it has let me down, but some know still remains in the bag.

Back