What's would you give up?

robrandalgz

2023 Budget Championship #CanyonCowboys
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
What's the line that you would draw to continue to play golf? It has to be important. For instance, would you give up eating meat? what passion in your life would you forego to keep playing?

For me, the honest tough one would be playing my guitar and I can't decide if I could do it. I love both so much but I rarely play anymore. The hard part is that I've spent, literally a lifetime playing and learning playing guitar. I don't know if I could do it. I stumbled upon this question as I was clearing out my music room so that someone could come in and do so drywall and painting work in there. I'm lugging all of this gear (that I haven't touched in months) and wondering if I could actually give it all up. Then, the way the mind works, I asked myself if I had to give it up to continue to play golf could I do it? I honestly struggle with the whole idea and I don't know if I could.

Beyond family, what is the one thing that you would struggle to let go of to continue teeing it up?

Harry Potter?

Ouch. Similar to you I used to play soft tip darts all the time & used to go Vegas every year for a huge tournament. I now maybe only go & play locally every few months, even though I have a full size electronic dart board in the man cave. I would say I would give up playing darts.

my level of mountain biking has taken a big hit for golf. both can be time consuming. I used to ride 4 days a week. 1.5 hr minimum, with weekend rides 4+ hr regularly. weekend trips fro just mountain biking. overnight trips powered only by bike. While I never give up mountain biking, I am ok reducing it so that I can play golf.

I'm still trying to find the right level of balance. each require a level of commitment more than just playing the game. I think the days of 9+ hour rides may be what I've given up for golf.

Ouch. Similar to you I used to play soft tip darts all the time & used to go Vegas every year for a huge tournament. I now maybe only go & play locally every few months, even though I have a full size electronic dart board in the man cave. I would say I would give up playing darts.
I think I used to go to that same tournament! For years it was held at the Riviera, yes? I think it was run by Valley. I used to go to the pool tournament there every year, also.

What's the line that you would draw to continue to play golf? It has to be important. For instance, would you give up eating meat? what passion in your life would you forego to keep playing?

For me, the honest tough one would be playing my guitar and I can't decide if I could do it. I love both so much but I rarely play anymore. The hard part is that I've spent, literally a lifetime playing and learning playing guitar. I don't know if I could do it. I stumbled upon this question as I was clearing out my music room so that someone could come in and do so drywall and painting work in there. I'm lugging all of this gear (that I haven't touched in months) and wondering if I could actually give it all up. Then, the way the mind works, I asked myself if I had to give it up to continue to play golf could I do it? I honestly struggle with the whole idea and I don't know if I could.

Beyond family, what is the one thing that you would struggle to let go of to continue teeing it up?
All you need a Collings City Limits and a Carr Mercury amp.

I think I used to go to that same tournament! For years it was held at the Riviera, yes? I think it was run by Valley. I used to go to the pool tournament there every year, also.
I used to go to the Medalist World Dart Finals & yes it was at the Riviera & then moved to Texas Station.

All you need a Collings City Limits and a Carr Mercury amp.
I'm more of a Jackson soloist/Mesa Boogie stack kinda guy. ;)

I used to go to the Medalist World Dart Finals & yes it was at the Riviera & then moved to Texas Station.

I just noticed that you live in Fruita CO. Fruita was a destination goal of mine when I was living in Indiana and just taking up mountain biking. I saw a picture of the 3 inch wide single track and landscape and fell in love. Since then I've been able to visit Fruita 5-7 times. Including 4 Fat Tire festivals.

I've been slowly switching to a more (not all of course though) plant based diet so at this point if you told me meat or golf, I feel like I could do it for golf. But I'd be like one of those recovering addicts that I'd have to leave the room if I saw/smelled a steak or something :ROFLMAO:

I've been slowly switching to a more (not all of course though) plant based diet so at this point if you told me meat or golf, I feel like I could do it for golf. But I'd be like one of those recovering addicts that I'd have to leave the room if I saw/smelled a steak or something :ROFLMAO:
I made the switch to more plant based a few years ago. I'll never give up meat entirely, but eating 60-70% of my meals without meat has done wonders for how I feel and choices that I make.

My bowling has taken a little bit of a back seat to golf. I used to go practice or bowl in tournaments on the weekends. I also used to bowl 3 nights a week. After I took up golf again and played more regularly, I decided to scale back bowling by one night per week so I could continue to play on Sundays. Don't do near as many tournaments any more, and practice is a thing of the past.

As things have progressed with my golf, I really enjoy it and enjoy the regular group that I play with on Sundays. I suppose if I had to, I could give up bowling. I have achieved quite a bit in the game and could look back and have no regerts if I did give it up. Well, other than spending so much money on bowling equipment. That could actually free up some more money for golf equipment. o_O:oops::ROFLMAO:

I just noticed that you live in Fruita CO. Fruita was a destination goal of mine when I was living in Indiana and just taking up mountain biking. I saw a picture of the 3 inch wide single track and landscape and fell in love. Since then I've been able to visit Fruita 5-7 times. Including 4 Fat Tire festivals.
The Fat Tire Festival is a huge event for Fruita. Next time you come down drop me line & we will see if we can meet up to play a round. Have you ever played any of the courses here? Also they are in the works of putting a track that goes from the Grand Mesa into Palisade.

I gave up all my hobbies when I moved from Texas to DC. With all the commute time and a 1 year old it just didn't give much time for anything else.

i could give up watching football to get golf year round all the time.... at least, i can try!

I've never played golf there. But I did get to ride Kessels Run when there was still grass on top of all the hills. Locals never touched the top of them, jump the front and land on the back. repeat for a couple miles (18 Road area) Fruita is a bucket list location for mountain bikes as I'm sure you're aware. I'll definitely hit you up if/when I make it back up there. the landscape for golf would be spectacular.

I gave them up already,fishing and hunting,married so something had to give.
giphy.gif

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I gave up all other summer sports for golf. I used to play a lot softball, ultimate frisbee, and mountain bike. My time was spread too thin and my love of golf was too much. I decided to give up the others so my free time would be spent on my most enjoyable passion.

i could give up watching football to get golf year round all the time.... at least, i can try!
Oooh that's a good one. I did that last year, for the most part. I used to schedule my life around the Cowboys. I didn't schedule a single round around a Boys game last year. I saw some and missed other and gave zero ***** about it in the end.

This is a hard one. Since I have had a stroke and four surgeries I have given up a lot of things I love. So giving up golf is not a choice. I have gone from 189 pounds down to 162 giving up all the good things in my life. I need to golf for my exercise. The only real sport I watch is baseball and I won't give that up. So if it has to be something really important to me I could just put down something that I really don't enjoy, but I won't do that since it is a cop out. I guess there is nothing I would give up I just have to say I won't give up anything. So I guess I won't play in this thread.

Back