What's your go to club around the green?

Somehow I really have confidence in my 8i for bump and runs, but for me I guess it depends on the lie and the shot which kinda dictates my club selection . Is it a bump and run or do you need loft to get it in the air and at time up a slope. So many choices.

Callaway Jaws Raw 58S and a Paradym 52* set wedge get it all done for me.

Almost always a 60° wedge, unless there is a significant upslope on the green I'm chipping into that would cause the ball to stop too quickly. Then I'll use a SW or GW. There are very rare occasions when I will use a short iron or even a hybrid to chip with, but those are few and far between.

Last edited:
Between 54 and 58 depending on shot length, etc.

my 58* wedge. I use it almost exclusively from 110 yards and in.

Most often it's my AW or 54°, but it depends on what the shot requires. In general, the sooner I can get the ball on the ground and rolling, the better.

My go to is 54* but the new set AW from my Titleist set has been my 2nd go to now.

Gap wedge mostly.

Usually either between 56 and 60

90% of the time it's my 60*

This is like asking what is my go to club on Par 3s. Soooo many variables.

58 degree wedge. Small greens at my course so typically not a lot of opportunity to play for roll out.

Depends.... if I can get away with it, it's the 26 deg hybrid. My strokes gained show this is better than my 54.

Texas wedge!

depends on how much green, I can use a 7i all the way to my 58.

It depends on how far the ball has to carry to the green and how far I want it to roll AFTER it hits the green. So, anything from an 8 iron (rarely) to a
48*-54*-58*,,,,, I try to use pretty much the same length stroke, etc regardless of the shot and let the club dictate how far it carries and rolls.

Last edited:
Over the last few months the TEE Wingman 52* has become my go to

54 wedge or 60 if I’m short sided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

60 deg low ounce T Grind. I can do anything with that Club.
A LONG time ago when I played/practiced a lot I would use 3 diff Wedges. But now with limited practice time I'm only proficient with one.

Texas wedge!
I used my 50° 56° and putter from off the green equally this year. They combined for 60% of my shots. With the other 40% combined on everything from 3w down to PW. I only play a 60° 27 times the whole season inside 50 yds.

11 iron as of late. 54 will get a lot of play as well. I could throw away my 58 and be fine without it

Back